Recent content by Tim Matthews

1. Tim Matthews

rainsoft watersoftner very noisy

if you were going to buy the best one on the market today, what would you buy?
  2. Tim Matthews

i guess it's like being the oldest guy in the club....you just don't know it tilll somebody tells you! :) denial is a tough thing, thank you for your honesty.
  3. Tim Matthews

ok...i have to agree that it is working properly but i think maybe its going bad. you've been a great help and i appreciate your expertise. one last question. would a faulty check valve allow brine water to get into the drinking water. sometimes after the system cycles, the water from the faucet...
  4. Tim Matthews

thank you for responding. you are right. i had the unit installed in 1996. it is old but it works well. our water is soft, it uses salt, but it has been getting progressively noisy. it begin its cycle at 2am and runs till about 6am. usually around 4 am, it start howling and making the pipes...
  5. Tim Matthews

i have a an older rainsoft water conditioner model that makes a lot of noise toward the end of the regeneration cycle. if i unscrew the clear plastic jar with the ball in it and remove the plastic seat valve, the noise stops. if i put my finger on the hole, i feel a vacuum and the noise starts...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks