Recent content by Thumper

1. Thumper

Which is better for open loop discharge...recharge well or drywell?

Valveman, Thanks for bringing in the maintenance perspective of things. So if either method stops accepting water then a recharge well should be easier to maintain (or replace) than a large drywell pit? The water in this area typically has little iron, sulpher, etc., however it does have...
  2. Thumper

Which is better for open loop discharge...recharge well or drywell?

Situation and a need for quick assistance: I'm currenty installing a geo system with a well-water sourced open loop. I have a choice of a recharge (dump) well or a really big french drain/drywell (plenty of land either way). Cost to drill a well is estimated at $5000 for 200'+-. Cost...
  3. Thumper

Water Source Heat Pump Deep Pump Sizing

A bump from Thump :confused: It's getting [too close] to time and pull the trigger and I'm seeking input on which way to go on the recharge well direction/reinjection pipe length questions posed in my last post in this thread. Thanks, T
  4. Thumper

Water Source Heat Pump Deep Pump Sizing

I've been reading this thread with great interest as it touches on most of the things I am trying to do in this thread: [URL="https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27993"] One of the things I can't figure out is just how far down into the recharge well can the return pipe really go...
  5. Thumper

Need help with Alternate Method of pumping in two-well "pump & dump" systems?

Bill, thanks for the constructive input. After reviewing more about the water-to-gas state Bill mentioned and outgassing issues of water at low *negative* pressures (in this case 27+- ft. @ 5000' elevation) it seems that returning the water at a low elevation to recover pump energy is...
  6. Thumper

NHMaster, I'm not sure what your saying here. Are geo systems as a class not economical to install or operate? Too difficult to implement and frought with excessive maintenance issues? Rich boy I'm definnately not...we have to get it right the first time! I agree that the efficency...
  7. Thumper

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses. Bill I was under the impression that the weight of the water column in the supply well pipe would be mostly offset by the suction created by the pipe dropping/returning the water to the recharge well as long as the return pipe was long enough to always be...
  8. Thumper

I have combined the following two posts from "Green Building Talk" into this thread in hopes of obtaining some expertise or direction. I am building in the coming months and am willing to experiment IF the science is solid. Proposed is a two well (source and recharge) geo setup. This is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks