Recent content by thinkup

1. thinkup

Water Softener with RO and Ph (acid) Neutralizer Install Help

Ahhhh. So I had 5CT confused and 7CT. So is this how it works? Normally while in service hard water flows down through the resin and then up though the distriuter tube as softwater. When your capacity runs low you need to regenerate with salty water from the brine tank. First it switches...
  2. thinkup

Thanks for all the help Akpsdvan. I'm a computer geek by trade and work at a large housing authority in the IT department by day. I wear many hats there but my day to day office has a nice big three 22" monitor setup on it. If you need any computer advice or help let me know and I'm sure I can...
  3. thinkup

Ya I feel like I'm still learning and I have it down at a very very high level I think. Funny this when I started this process I didn't even know you used salt with softeners! I grew up in an apartment with no father and was a computer geek. Now I have a home I'm running my electric wire...
  4. thinkup

SST-60 Standard Operating Conditions Thanks for the follow up Akpsdvan. I've found the information for the standard operating conditions from Purolite for SST-60 and I'd like to match up as closely as possible. Does that make sense to try to do that? The Standard Operating Conditions don't...
  5. thinkup

Ok, did some final work here to try to wrap this up. Does this sound right? I really need come clarity here if you guys can help. AN-Filter - Every 5 days Backwash 2 ppl at 60 gallons per day = 120 gallons x 10 grain hardness = 1,200 grains per day. 32,000 grain softener / 1,200 grains per day...
  6. thinkup

Thanks Bob and Gary for following up, you're life savers! "You can smell limestone!." ROFL ...well who knows what I'm smelling. I drive everyone nuts with everything that I can smell. Either way it did smell different when it was just the AN. Now that the softener is running too I don't smell...
  7. thinkup

Thanks for the reply Bob999. Can you give me a high level overview of your recommendation on the programming of the softener? My goal is first to be salt savy and they to worry about the total softness and resin life. I want this thing to last a long time but my water was only about 10 hard to...
  8. thinkup

It's Alive! Well it's alive and it appears to be running well. I'll post more pics if anyone is interested. I took out the pre-filter before the AN in the end. I had the AN-Filter up and running a day or two first and not a drop of water pressure lost that was noticeable. I could get a sense...
  9. thinkup

New Parts with Notes Here are some notes attached to two photos of the new stuff I bought. What do you guys think?
  10. thinkup

Barbs I've bought some new barbs and a 3/4 PVC T per a few suggestions. Thanks guys. I have a new 1/2 barb x 1/2 MIP to screw in the AN filter and then into my new tubing. See above. I also bought another 1/2 x 1/2 barb to go from the new tubing to the 3/4 PVC T. Just like the one I...
  11. thinkup

Drain Tube Sizes I took Gary's advice and took back the regular tube I had to look for his suggestion. I couldn't find it and the dee-pot had no clue. Figures right. So I bought two sizes of braided vinyl tube. I'll take one back depending on the recommendation. I can see into the tube enough...
  12. thinkup

Longed I won't even go into why I've been delayed yet again .... this post not withstanding lol. I'm going to re-read it all again tonight. But hey, here we go, I'm making it a point to get this done this week. The 8th was my birthday and getting this done will be a present to myself. Ok...
  13. thinkup

Yes, the only place I cut into the PVC was where you can see all the purple. I'm going to look into that now and the other stuff as well. I live in a little village and I'm sure things have been here for years that are not up to code. Don't get me started on how every electrical connection in...
  14. thinkup

My House is a Mess I'm way backed up on DIY projects now because of the day job. I work in IT and the past two weeks have been disasters! Anyway, I just skimmed that last few post and things are looking lively like normal. I love it!! I love all the help. Even though the house has been a...
  15. thinkup

HOLY COW ...LOL I just got home and quickly read all that I missed out on today. To be honest I'll have to re-read it all a few times to wrap my head around it all. Ok, back to work ...well not tonight but in my head anyway .... My thought process right about now is to leave everything as I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks