Recent content by Thewaltwhitmans

1. Thewaltwhitmans

Moving Into New Home - Changing the Locks - Builder Has a Magic Key to Reset Locks???

I asked her about these and she said that there were no additional tools - that the builder mentioned something about his key being shorter than the ones he would give her and that when she used her key it would drop another pin, thereby keeping his from working. I am not really that familiar...
  2. Thewaltwhitmans

Moving Into New Home - Changing the Locks - Builder Has a Magic Key to Reset Locks???

I have received great information from this forum so hopefully this is the best place for this question: My mother is moving into a brand new home down the road from us and we got to talking about installing new locks around her house as I have always heard (and followed practice) that when...
  3. Thewaltwhitmans

Burning Smell & Banging When Turn Dryer On

Right it's electric. How do I go about fixing it?
  4. Thewaltwhitmans

Burning Smell & Banging When Turn Dryer On

Dryer has been sitting for a few months, before that no problems. Went to hook it up today and when I turned it on I smelled a burning smell and heard a lot of thumping/rumbling noise coming from the dryer. Any thoughts?
  5. Thewaltwhitmans

Green Wire Hanging Out Back of Dryer (4 Prong)

Setting up a washer and dryer. Dryer is 4 prongs. Green wire coming out of back about 3 ft long. It says external ground connector beside it. Do I need to ground this (say to the washer) or is it ok to hang out the back?
  6. Thewaltwhitmans

Backwater Valve Stuck - Toilet Backed Up

It seemed like it was stuck because he even started to fall backwards as a result of his momentum carrying him once it became loose as he was pulling on it. It's weird!
  7. Thewaltwhitmans

Backwater Valve Stuck - Toilet Backed Up

Had a problem with all downstairs sinks draining to a toilet on the first floor. Toilet water level was increasing even when the water valve to toilet was shutoff and water level in the tank was not decreasing. Plumber came and worked on some things outside and said the backwater valve had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks