Recent content by theslawsonfamily@yahoo.co

1. T

Remember ME??

Okay I posted a few months ago about my constant running sump pump?? A lot of you were really helpful to me so I wanted to update you. As it turns out after 4 LONG months of my sump pump cycling every 2 minutes..it wasn't our problem after all. After much work and hassle the county came...
  2. T

Constant flow

I don't know what has changed, or if you are only now noticing that the pump operates more in the wet season. Maybe the pump level switch was adjusted or the pump was set lower. In any case, you have not mentioned that you have had a problem with water in the basement. Everything seems to be...
  3. T

Constant flow

One time we had a contractor here putting up crown molding..they unplugged the sump pump to plug in their saw. They plugged the sump pump in an outlet that didn't work. Where our sump pump is plugged in there is a black outlet and a white one. Anyway the sump pump filled up a few weeks...
  4. T

Constant flow

I can try this and see. I'll wait hours if that is what it takes. BUT if the drain tiles fill won't that cause damage and water to flow elsewhere?
  5. T

Constant flow

I would set the switch so that it starts pumping if the water rises one inch above the current no-inflow level. That has three effects. First and most important, it protects your basement from rising water. Second, if the pump starts running, that is a warning that the water is rising and you...
  6. T

Constant flow

I guess I just don't understand since my house was started in 03' and finished in 04' as to why we've never had issues until now. No we are moving. I ended up calling a friend of a friend who is a plumber. He is coming over tomorrow to see what we can do. We will probably get a new pump and a...
  7. T

Constant flow

YIKES..the thought of it overflowing scares the daylights out of me. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just let it go and keep it cycling ever 2 minutes. I guess I should also let the county test for leaks b/c it could be that and just not groundwater...
  8. T

Constant flow

Also if I go and get another pump switch won't the first pump switch click on first? Or would I unplug that one?
  9. T

Constant flow

I'm trying to look inside the pit to see what model I have..I do know this..I have 2 cords it appears the switch is plugged into the pump. I'm going to look now I got numbers from the tag of the switch P/N 1011400. Also can I ask a dumb question..why would the water in the pit stop when it...
  10. T

Constant flow

The switch looks like it's connected to the pump. When I pull up on it the whole pump pulls up..I can't see how it's connected? Also the pump is of course hooked to the piece of PVC going outside. I would have thought the switch would have been connected to the pvc via a clamp but it is stuck...
  11. T

Constant flow

Thanks so much..I looked on my pump and it says SJE Vertical Master on the cord I'm not sure if this is a switch or the pump? My husband is one that will just call someone to do everything and I'm the one that tries to see if I can fix so.. please bear with me. Also I looked at the back up...
  12. T

Constant flow

Omg You were SOOOOOOOOO flippin RIGHT! I did it and the water stopped. It got to where the black pipe comes in almost to the top of the pipe and it stopped coming in. Lets just say my basin was less than 1/3 full and it stopped running OMG...you are the best..NOW how do I raise the pump up as...
  13. T

Constant flow

The pipe coming out of the sump hole does get covered by water but then it's not covered once the sump pumps out.
  14. T

Constant flow

Thanks Bob I'm going to have a plumber come out and possibly install a second pump. While he does this I'm sure he can do what you said above. I'm scared to even mess with it at this point. Right now it's raining and my pump still has the same exact flow that it did prior to it raining. I'm...
  15. T

Constant flow

no it slopes away from the house The only other thing is there is still some water in the basin after the pump cycles..is that normal? Also my neighbors have the same stream behind their houses..1 house on the left of me is a 3 year old house. On the other side is a 50+ year house. Their...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks