Recent content by Theplayer11

1. Theplayer11

Max PSI for 1.5HP Submersible?

Thanks for the reply. Someone told me that I must be in the pump curve specs or I would damage the pump and I should have a well tank and control box installed. A tank is not an option for us at this point and not needed for our needs, I believe.(obviously we have to be careful to turn on/off...
  2. Theplayer11

Max PSI for 1.5HP Submersible?

Greenhouse use. 1.5HP 15GPM Berkeley submersible pump 200' down installed last year. No control box or Amtrol tank, just turn on/off through breaker switch and water goes directly to garden hose.(I know, not optimal set up...lol) Currently has a 100 PSI relief valve installed on manifold at top...
  3. Theplayer11

Advice on pump size for new irrigation well for Greenhouse business

they just tested the pump at 200' and I was getting about 8GMP from each hose end running 2 hoses. The PSI was about 40. Running 1 hose the PSI was around 80. At 80 feet the recovery rate was 13GPM. He could only run about 1/2 hour before the generator quit, amps were too high. I'm very...
  4. Theplayer11

Maybe that's why he's recommending a 1.5hp motor. A bigger motor produces more PSI, or unrelated?
  5. Theplayer11

the pump will not cycle as there will be no pressure tank and switch. I will just turn and on and water greenhouses 3-6 hours straight. I think the key is knowing exactly what the well is producing. It would be nice to be able to run 2 hoses at the same time as well, or being able to water...
  6. Theplayer11

thanks for the prompt reply. What do you mean by add 138' to pumping depth? I should also add that the pump will be running 5-6 hours straight on many days during summer months. No sprinklers, just hand watering with garden hose with water breaker nozzle. edit..also, what PSI should I be...
  7. Theplayer11

I just had well dug 400'. I will use the well to water my greenhouse, no pressure tank. The well digger estimated around 12-15 GPM for the well, but did not test yet. He wants to order and install a Berkeley pump 200' down, The static level is 48'(I measured with fishing pole) First of all...
  8. Theplayer11

Greenhouse irrigation/Amtrol tank

that makes a lot of sense, you've been great..so, with faucet wide open on Amtrol tank and pump only producing 5GPM, it makes sense that the PSI on the pressure gauge drops to zero..right? That is what is currently happening. So my next dumb question would be, how many GPM come out of a wide...
  9. Theplayer11

Recovery time help

not sure what the gun needs. It's a Stay-rite 3/4hp, website states 80 psi max inlet pressure. It's gravity fed now from my holding tank and I'm getting 10-12 GPM at the end of a 250' hose and plenty of pressure to water my plants. I went to a storage tank and booster pump because the pressure...
  10. Theplayer11

the WX-302 Amtrol tank is 86g according to their site. I'm currently getting 5GPM coming up from the well pump and I know this used to be more, so yes, i'm quite sure the pump is faltering or slowly getting clogged with rust. Once the Amtrol tank is drawn down after a few minutes and I hear...
  11. Theplayer11

Recovery time help

I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my well and what size pump to get..I've read about TDH, friction loss, ect, read the charts, graphs of different size pumps and my head is spinning. From my previous posts, I own greenhouses and water 5-6 hours straight during spring, summer...
  12. Theplayer11

I'm not following..when I'm watering, the pressure is always well below the cut in pressure(If not zero), so wouldn't the well pump always be running?..I've never noticed the pump cycle off at any time when I'm watering or when my 1500g storage tank is being filled. The Amtrol tank runs down in...
  13. Theplayer11

thanks for the response...had another reply post, not sure what happened, must have vanished. Anyway, current Amtrol is 15 years old, psi at 35, bladder seems OK, not water logged..bit of surface rust and some rust at the bottom underside since it's in a greenhouse under poly, but high...
  14. Theplayer11

Hi all, I have a question about greenhouse irrigation. I currently have a 180 foot well with submersible pump with Amtrol tank..prob about 25-30g tank This tank is about 10-12 years old and has never had air adjusted. I irrigate for up to 6 hours a day sometimes, regular garden hoses...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks