Recent content by theboneman21

1. theboneman21

Banging since installing upstairs toilet

I'm in the country Ona well with a 30/50 switch and low level shutoff. I had both toilet valves open full titlt so I'm guessing I made my own problem
  2. theboneman21

I'll pick up the valve next time in town. In the meantime, I scaled the valve all the way back to barely open. The reason being, something occurred to me. A couple of months ago I had work done in the downstairs bathroom, up in the ceiling. At the time the plumber asked to change the supply...
  3. theboneman21

I've read that draining the lines can flush them. I live about 1 HR away from the nearest hardware store so just thinking in terms of temporary solutions
  4. theboneman21

Ok i scaled it way back and not the loud bang is like a small, subtle clunk. I'm guessing at this point I need to drain the lines and and see where I end up
  5. theboneman21

Do you mean the knob, like only open it halfway ?
  6. theboneman21

Hey gang. Ever since I installed my upstairs toilet, when I flush, when the water stops flowing into the tank I hear a clunk or a thud. Any idea what that is? I'm on a well, 30/50 pressure switch, softener and rust Master systems in place.
  7. theboneman21

Second Floor Tub Leaking Into Main Level Bathroom

OK I haven't tried to disassemble it yet. That is a project for the coming week when the youngsters are at school and I can shut off the water for a lengthy period of time Thanks for all the tips gang!!!
  8. theboneman21

Assuming the pipe end has some deposits, what is the most effective way to clean it off?
  9. theboneman21

I know it "pushes in" and creates a seal. I guess I am just wondering if I need to add additional measures. Probably not but doesn't hurt to ask
  10. theboneman21

Thanks guys. So from what I can tell the current fitting is a compression fitting that screws it tight? So basically - Get proper sized shark bite elbow fitting. Shut off water supply to house. Unscrew current fitting. Replace with shark bite elbow. When I put the shark bite on, do I need to...
  11. theboneman21

Hey guys One of the pictures shows the potential access. The toilet blocks part of the way but that is probably manageable. That being said I cut open the ceilling below and seem to have found the culprit. I am far from on expert but it almost looks as if it was cracked already and someone...
  12. theboneman21

Thank you. So I am thinking I want to do all at once so I need some help. When I replaced the floor drain the old putty was dried out so I am guessing the previous owner last did it years ago. We bought the house in 2012 and I am given to understand putty lasts 10 years or so. My guess is the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks