Recent content by thaugen

1. thaugen

Which brand of PEX should I buy?

Thanks for all the good advice. I think I see what direction to go.
  2. thaugen

Which brand of PEX should I buy?

Not wanting to start up any stuff, just never worked with it before and hoping for advice. Buy whatever Lowes/Home Depot have? I'm doing one bathroom with a shower, a tub and one sink, so I'd rather not sink a lot of money into tools. In Washington State. Thanks.
  3. thaugen

Critique this drain mockup please

Terry and Tom, thanks for the advice. Obviously I need to use the correct fittings and now I know. The layout is a problem though. The floor joists run parallel to the wall the toilet and lav are on. In the photo I have the toilet drain running in a joist space out from the wall and then...
  4. thaugen

Critique this drain mockup please

This is a mockup of the toilet and sink drains in my bathroom. A 4X3 closet bend will run about 3 feet into a sanitary Tee 3X3X2 which will then drop into the basement and into another Tee with cleanout and then connect into the main sewer line. The sink connects to the 2 inch wet vent and...
  5. thaugen

How to fit a union where there is no space for one?

Thanks, I didn't know about a Dresser coupling. Preliminary question: Can a Dresser coupling be buried? Or must it be in a vault? Because this pipe has been buried 30 years and is slightly corroded on the outside, I would assume the gasket on this type of coupling might not make a good...
  6. thaugen

How to fit a union where there is no space for one?

The ¾ inch galvanized main water line is in a hole 4 feet deep and there is less than 10 inches of usable distance in which to put a Tee, a union and necessary nipple. So far I have been unable to force the main pipes apart sufficiently to pry the installed halves of the union past each other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks