Recent content by ThaDoctor72

1. ThaDoctor72

New T&P leaks more than old one

Problem resolved. Turns out, the pressure in the house was 160psi. The PRV was attached to the cold inlet on the water heater, which is fine apparently, if you want to regulate only the hot water. I installed a PRV and internal ball valve (for convenience) on the main incoming line, and now...
  2. ThaDoctor72

Thanks for the input. I will install an expansion tank this weekend and update. I've been wanting to install an interior master cutoff valve anyway, so this will give me a reason to use these new SharkBite fittings.
  3. ThaDoctor72

History: Bought a 1972 house with a 5 year old Bradford White 80 Gal WH. There is a PRV on cold inlet just above WH. There was no hot water when we moved in, so first thing I did is replace a bad lower element. After replacement, the red cutoff button on the top t-stat pops out after a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks