Recent content by Teepster Price

1. Teepster Price

How much water drawn before pump cuts on

I looked at the cover of the pressure switch. Its a 20-40 so the new gauge must be giving more reliable readings. The tank pressure when full was 44psi. Not sure what being that high does to the system but I'll be at the lake this weekend and let some air out. I understand it whould be 2 psi...
  2. Teepster Price

I bought a new pressure gauge with the tank and put it on the new Tee connection. It reads 40 psi when shutoff but kicks on around 34psi. I assume a 20 psi spread is what's desired. The shrader valve at the tank reads 44psi when pump shuts off and 37.5 when starts to refill. What confuses...
  3. Teepster Price

I've installed a new 20 gallon pressurized Well-X202 tank to my shallow well pump. Tank pressure read 38psi when installed. Everything works good in the house at the faucets but I wanted to check the drawdown and cutoff pressures. I let the tank fill and cutoff then started to draw water at a...
  4. Teepster Price

General pump qustion

I have a shallow well pump and just installed a new impellar and diffuser and was looking at the inside of the pump and thinking about how they work. Its and always tough to get it primed in the spring. Seems like a air would get into the tank until the pump starts drawing water. Must be...
  5. Teepster Price

Help! Too many toilet choices

I put in a Kholer Santa Rosa (1 piece)about a year ago. Not a problem so far. Picked it up at Lowes. they're around $300. Not sure you can get them in standard height though. FLushes fast and no plugs yet. I'm not crazy about the seat but everyone else in the family likes it.
  6. Teepster Price

Need to replace cottage storage tank.

Thanks. Nice compact system in the picture. I currently have a 21 gallon air over water galvanized tank with a 1/3 HP Myers pump. I'll use the AVC air line to prime the pump on initial setup every spring then plug it onto the AVC. Usually good for the summer once it gets started. I'll...
  7. Teepster Price

My current air over water tank has a Air Volume Control. This has a straw size air line feeding to it from the shallow well pump next to the tank. I don't believe diaphragm tanks would use this. What would I do with this air line?
  8. Teepster Price

Your right I see 42 gallon tanks without diaphragms or bladders at both big box stores . Twice the size I have now but should be a good thing. I've been maintaining this kind of tank for years and feel comfortable with it and like to flush it out well at home in the fall and don't have to worry...
  9. Teepster Price

Didn't know what these were until you mentioned it. Did some reading about it. Seems too good to be true. Amazing
  10. Teepster Price

NO SIR, NO SHRADER VALVE OR OTHER AIR RELEASE OUTLET. IT'S A VERTICAL UPRIGHT TANK WITH THE PUMP INPUT ABOUT HALF WAY UP THE FRONT OF THE TANK AND THE OUTPUT TO THE HOUSE IS 90 DEGREES AROUND THE SIDE AND NEAR THE BOTTOM. HENCE THE REPLUMBING FOR A SINGLE INPUT/OUTPUT TANK. THE HOTWATER TANK I...
  11. Teepster Price

I have a summer only cottage using a 21 gallon vertical galvanized water tank that was installed in the mid 50's by my father. The 21 gallon tank is sufficient for our needs of toilet and dish washing. The pump probably only runs a few times a day. I remove the tank every fall and bring it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks