Recent content by tedfrk

1. tedfrk

Upgrading Honeywell Thermostat

you can do whatever you want to the t-stat before you install it.just dont forget to turn the emergency switch off..and if you have enough wire cut off the existing wire that was stripped so you dont have any problems with them breaking if someone stripped them wrong.
  2. tedfrk

Pump problem?

when those old mercury t-stats get old they are not real reliable anymore id change it out for a new digital one.youll be happy you did just remamber to shut off the power before you change it out.
  3. tedfrk

new sprinkler system and not enough pressure from the well

The well is approximately 25years old.my dad had it cleaned or whatever you call it maybe in 1991.not sure if it has a point it has a jet pump with 3/4 "black polly pipe coming from the crawl space not sure what they used for the well .my dad said it was like 12' down ,he dug the hole so they...
  4. tedfrk

Return Air placement problem?

just a thought do you have room for an attic fan they can help reduce alot of heat.
  5. tedfrk

Basement - Air movement

if the basement is going to be finished put in a small return down there in the middle of the room if possible.
  6. tedfrk

Whole House Humidifier

also check the supply line where the 1/4" pipe comes into your humidifier there is usally a screen there it could be clogged.
  7. tedfrk

Hydronic radiant heat stat

i dont have much experience with these but we did have to order a specific t-stat for the unit we put in.
  8. tedfrk

New Furnace Advice Sought

i second that real nice equipment,it is also nice to work on.most if not all the 90% furnaces i have installed suggest you have the furnace in a conditoned space.meaning somewhere the pipes wont freeze because they do produce condensation and alot of it.I dont understand why your existing pvc...
  9. tedfrk

I have a dinosaur furnace/boiler in my basement...

pics would be great.maybe manufacturer and model.
  10. tedfrk

Black "Soot" on Furnace Filter

gas furnaces do not produce black soot,that would be oil.did you notice any black soot in your house around the supplies?Do you burn alot of candles?you can get a mold kit at home depot and mail it out for like 10.00 bucks,never used one,just a thought.I would try and get a throw away filter,the...
  11. tedfrk

Help-NFPA 90A/90B Air Handler Install Clearances

is it just an air handler or are you using it with the electric heat kit ?i would assume the tolerances would be different.
  12. tedfrk

Blue/Green oxide on pipe feeding HVAC unit

that pipe is suppose to be insulated,and by the looks of it your in a basement or garage,an unconditioned area.which gets very hot in the summer and causes more condensation to build up on that pipe.which is considered the suction line,i would clean it up and insulate it all the way up to the...
  13. tedfrk

and dont forget to shut your emergency switch off before you begin so you dont cause more problems.
  14. tedfrk

yes set it up for number 5
  15. tedfrk

First wire it with white wire to W,Green To G,yellow to Y,red to R and Rc jumped together,and now blue to c .make sure you have an 80% furnace.do you have metal pipe as the flue or white pvc?if its pvc its a 90%.and set up the t-stat accordingly if you dont it wont work correctly.and dont worry...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks