Recent content by Ted Nugent

1. Ted Nugent

Issue w/ noisy cast fittings

Sounds reasonable. I think the fix here is to insulate the pipes. We may never know what is causing the "noise"...
  2. Ted Nugent

Hi Jeff, yes, the cleanout at the bottom of the drop is plastic. However, when I was there and he flushed the toilet for me it sounded like the lion's share of the sound was coming from the lid and wall. I have a suspicion that the cast pinned to the stud and also pinned against the...
  3. Ted Nugent

Update. So, I spoke with my plumber who did the work and he is at a loss. Says some guys only do the drop in cast and he always plumbs every fitting from the fixture on down in cast. Says he always does the vents in ABS and never has an issue. Same for me- never had an issue with noise using...
  4. Ted Nugent

The noise I heard was in the lid and the wall. I wonder if the two vents tied into the branch cast is somehow causing a problem? Maybe that the vents come off a horizontal pipe they act as a sound trumpet sort of thing and the sound of the liquid is being allowed out of the dense cast into the...
  5. Ted Nugent

Yes. Never had an issue with cast. I'm at a loss... I was wondering if the noise was coming from the 45's? Maybe better if it were a straight shot down below the floor. But again, it's all cast!!?? We have a shear wall and I was thinking the sound is transferring against it but you can see...
  6. Ted Nugent

I am getting grief from my client on a new home build regarding "noisy plumbing". The issue is in the waste and, sure enough, upon inspection the sound is fairly loud. All the waste piping was done in cast and the vents in ABS (this project is in Truckee California). There is quite a cluster...
  7. Ted Nugent

Need plumbing help in Mexico

Hey, roger that. Thanks for the confirmation- ditto to HJ
  8. Ted Nugent

Ter Terry I admire your educational reasoning in regards to having the forum and I would hope some of the aspiring builders down here would reach out via internet to find out how to do things right. One issue in a lot of latin American countries is the construction methods. Quite often...
  9. Ted Nugent

Things are pretty lax down here. Most homes in rural areas and small towns don't require inspections and most people don't get permits. Super casual. Too, there are a lot of builders who do it all: plumbing, electrical, concrete work, etc who don't have any training. I.e. you wouldn't...
  10. Ted Nugent

Great! I was thinking if 3 inch is good enough to get you to the 4 inch sewer pipe in a "normal" situation then why not continue all the way into the septic tank with 3 inch. Funny thing down here is they don't generally vent their fixtures. Instead they vent their septic tanks which often...
  11. Ted Nugent

I'm down in Mex. putting in a bathroom and septic tank. I'm trying to figure out the best fittings to use as we are very limited down here as to what is available. I could always DHL parts from the U.S. but was hoping I could design a system that would work based on what they have here. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks