Recent content by Ted Jackson

1. Ted Jackson

No soft water / no salt usage with Kenmore 300

Guys, I have been using a TDS meter primarily (I bought it when I got serious about troubleshooting this thing because I didn't want to be subjective about it). I didn't realize that was inaccurate. I just used my pool test strips on it (thanks Noyzee) and those show a clear, marked difference...
  2. Ted Jackson

mialynette, the water is very, very salty. The water is up to the bottom of the float assembly, and yes the float assembly can be pulled out. I have done some additional tests: I bought fresh (evaporated, non-pellet) salt, and put 10lbs of it into a clean plastic bin. I put some water in there...
  3. Ted Jackson

Hi, I've been troubleshooting a softener issue for months now, and it's driving me insane. Here's my info and what I've done: Model: Kenmore 300 (625.393060) from 2008 ( 7 years old) Water hardness: Approx 500ppm (measured two ways, titration and electronic tester) Water source: Well water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks