Recent content by Tech1

1. Tech1

Kinetico 20?? system... starts regen, won't advance...

I would check the paws. Remove the 8 1/4" screws and remove the class slowly. Make sure none of the paws are broken and make sure the ratchet springs are not broken or dislocated.
  2. Tech1

Here to help.

Here to help.
  3. Tech1

GAC bacterial growth, control methods.

Carbon is actually used to remove some chlorine/chloramines from the water. Which is a good thing. Though this would be a farily expensive edition, next carbon swap I would add some KDF-55 to the carbon tanks. Its an absolutely beautiful media. More recently I have been running into...
  4. Tech1

Kinetico hookup help needed Fishers Indiana

I would generally recommend calling a plumber. If you need guidance on installing it, I am sure we can help. Usually you just follow direction of flow.
  5. Tech1

Battles with manganese

When the magnesium anode rods break down they give off the sulfide smell. An aluminum anode rod will not give off the same smell. All the anode rod does is protect the water heater. Its 20 dollars at home depot. This is a common issue that I run into with customers. They replace the water...
  6. Tech1

Fleck5600SXT 40000 grains capacity water not tasting good after salt clog

If the water tastes salty you will need to increase the time for the rapid rinse. Try an 8 minute rapid rinse. If that does not rid you of the salty taste, try a resin cleaner like softener mate. The resin may be fouled. Note that every cubic foot of resin is usually 30,000 grains which would...
  7. Tech1

Battles with manganese

WellOff, I will tell you that a Katalox Light system will be your best friend in this situation. A cartridge will not last you or will be fully adequate for treatment. Build a KM system IAW the materials below. 1 10x54 media tank with riser tube. 1 DF control valve set to a 6.2 gpm backwash...
  8. Tech1

Obama made me do it!

Yea, that is where the debate is. Let's break it up a bit. A DF system has four cycles; Backwash, Brine pull, Rapid rinse, and Brine fill. Upflow systems are supposed to be as such: Brine pull, Rapid rinse, and Brine fill. When the salt ion is adsorbed onto the resin, the resin releases the...
  9. Tech1

Mixing resin

Bro. Please don't do that. The compositions of resins differ. One can cancel the other out. Unless you are a chemist and know what your doing, don't do it. I had a customer who thought he knew the right choice because Google told him so. Needless to say, his family has more skin and digestive...
  10. Tech1

Whirlpool Softener Water in Salt Tank

Sounds like the salt bridged. Clean out the tank of all salt and that slime if it is in there. If not check the float. You have to understand that these whirlpool systems are not built to last. Some people get lucky. After you clean the salt out and remove the bridged salt (white goop), pull the...
  11. Tech1

Obama made me do it!

If you are referring to the backwash noise you are hearing, I might recommend changing the flow control or adding one (if it is open at full boar). That should help quiet it down. I am not to big of a fan on upflow brining systems. I like using down flow, given the fact that the water has to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks