Recent content by tdcody

1. T

Questions about proposed deep well pump replacement and appropriate component choices

Reach and Valveman - thank you both again. I checked the motor shaft and (perhaps surprisingly) has the correct 1.5" stick up. I don't think this matters for the smaller motor given its tolerance for top feeding, but good to know? Yes, 3 GPM average will be plenty for us with the gigantic...
  2. T

Questions about proposed deep well pump replacement and appropriate component choices

Valveman- thank you!!! This is immensely helpful and answers many of my questions. I truly appreciate it. I will inspect the motor shaft to deduce the bearing’s history- that is a very clever and simple test, i.e. the best kind! It sounds like the cost difference between the different wire...
  3. T

Thank you for the advice- reliability is the #1 priority for sure. The folks who make and sell VF components aren’t going to list their weaknesses, so I appreciate it. The galvanized tank is about 200’ higher than the well (on a steep slope, so total distance is about 300’). Well pump fills...
  4. T

Hello all - long time lurker - I have learned a lot about scenarios somewhat different than my own and would greatly appreciate any guidance this community can provide. I am the new owner of a water well-supplied home in San Diego County - very high wildfire risk, so we have the required 10,000...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks