Recent content by TangoBravo

1. TangoBravo

VERY odd problem... HALF a power outage??

Woohoo! Resolution! Ok -- I know this is something of a ressurection, but I wanted to post and say that the problem HAS been solved... and in case anyone has a similar problem, knows what our circumstances involved. Everyone's suggestion that the meter-main lugs may not have been completely...
  2. TangoBravo

Hmm... Makes sense, because an inadequate connection could cause not visible arc'ing under heavy load.. which would definitely cause heat... Like I said, none of my breakers are actually tripping... but I'd imagine I will be able to detect the heat level. I'll use my no-contact laser/ir...
  3. TangoBravo

Definitely not red... I've only seen the inside of my panel once, actually (during the pre-purchase inspection), and I would have remembered it. I do have a near-photographic memory... and that would have stuck. Like I said, I don't think it actually HAS a main breaker... (one reason why one...
  4. TangoBravo

Thanks for the responses! Ok... I think I see where you're both going on this one.... hadn't really thought of that! So let me make sure I'm at least following properly: If it is an intermittent / loose connection, and the voltage is backfeeding through the dryer itself (because it...
  5. TangoBravo

Ok, let me start by saying that I am not an electrician... but a very avid DIY'er, with more than a little Electronics background.... And I've been 'lurking' the forums on this site, and enjoying the massive wealth of information for many many months.... Well, now I've got a problem that has me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks