Recent content by tab

1. tab

control box issues

YES, the one from tractor supply which fried my pump motor. that's what started this well saga from hell.... waterwelldude: i can't argue with that. i've replaced those relays many times BUT, i will say that the last one was in there since 1991. i believe that lightning fried it while i...
  2. tab

control box issues

i mentioned earlier that the franklin switch (pictured above) was switching on and off on about 20 sec intervals. i replaced it with a new switch and everything was fine. however, i saved this old partially bad switch and then used it to replace the switch that recently went bad in my...
  3. tab

control box issues

gary: yes, relay switch. and no, for three reasons: #1. i got the well pump working and water into the house with an old, partially functioning franklin switch that i swapped for the bad switch. i then started looking for a new switch which i could not find. (pic included) this...
  4. tab

control box issues

he said that the check valve was blocked by sediment which makes sense because the well has a LOT of iron in it. gary: actually the well was working fine. i shut off the breaker to the well shed, then left for florida to work on a house i bought down there, came back and the pump...
  5. tab

control box issues

i had the idiots come back out and remove that 2gpm choke and install a franklin pump protector and i'm really glad that i did. they installed the pump protector and removed the choke and told me to turn on the breaker to the pump. the pumptec immediately shut off the power to the pump...
  6. tab

control box issues

i was told that he MUST have a license and not just a trainee license either because then he wouldn't be able to write contracts. they should have to present the license upon request. we will see. he didn't come out today to fix this thing. oh, and where do i get that $20.00 low...
  7. tab

control box issues

truck Porky: i like that truck. here's mine.....
  8. tab

control box issues

it was too late. the guys 450 dually ford was in up to its axles, they had to get it out. all i could do is videotape the insanity. Porky: i strongly suspect but do not KNOW if this guy is unlicensed. all i know is that AFTER i asked him for his license # he tried to get by with the...
  9. tab

control box issues

i can't remember if i mentioned this but they ended up pulling the pump by hand anyway after getting stuck twice. i asked if they used a portable pump puller and he told me that very few of his jobs are on wells only 120' deep and those other pullers don't work on deep wells. but i got on...
  10. tab

control box issues

yeah, he charged me $75.00 for it.... that extra wire wasn't a problem at all and i like the pump box because i can change out a switch and or capacitor cheaply and easily. i've been doing just that since 87 on this well. if the capacitor in the pump goes bad, i gotta a $2,000+ bill and a...
  11. tab

control box issues

here are just two pics. those ruts and deeper ones run for a few hundred yards through my 2ac plot. i contacted other well professionals and got some advice. the man who worked on my well could NOT provide me with his license number. after i asked, he went from being uncooperative to...
  12. tab

control box issues

cacher: thanks for the info. i just called the owner today. i don't know if he knows what little rip-offs he's got working for him. i have a message on my machine that i have not gotten yet. they might say that the $500 they took off the bill was "the deal" and i should go away...
  13. tab

control box issues

thanks for that info. i'm going to remove that $%#%%$!!! choke and just run it straight from the pump. i may call the well bastards to do it because they are screwing me around trying to get me to drill an entirely new well. i think that they intentionally ran my well dry to get me to pay...
  14. tab

control box issues

gary: they did install a new pump, pipe, wire et so it's not a total loss on my part. i won't be calling them back though. clearly the pump should have been pulled by hand in the first place. they put the exact same pump back down the well, a 1/2hp franklin/goulds. anyway, my problem...
  15. tab

control box issues

that's what i thought but the box just clicked wildly. i had several people tell me that this could have fried my pump motor. regardless, i now have water but another question: they started the pump up and let the water run on the ground for about 15 minutes then the well went dry. they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks