Recent content by T_Hartigan

1. T_Hartigan

Kohler shower caukless adaptor tricks?

Thanks. The PVC pipe was centered, but not perfectly square to the drain. I did use a mallet to get it down. I hope it doesn't leak as I dont want to do that again, ever. Tim
  2. T_Hartigan

Kohler shower caukless adaptor tricks?

Spent about 2 hrs trying to install a kohler shower drain. I cannot get the caulkless adaptor piece all the way down. I've soaped everything and just cannot get it installed. Any tricks? Thanks. Tim
  3. T_Hartigan

Where to find 1" Pex manifold?

I built mine. I have 1" copper and ran 1/2" pex. Couldn't find what I wanted. If you make it yourself it can be just how you want it.
  4. T_Hartigan

Snow melt system

I use a tekmar snowmelt controller for mine with heat exchanger. I only use glycol in the snowmelt.
  5. T_Hartigan

Snow melt system

9" centers may not be close enough to do a good job. What insulation are u putting underneath? I used gravity to add my glycol to my system. Step ladder and funnel. After initial filling ran pumps and kept bleeding the system. I then used a small hand pump to put about 6 pounds in the...
  6. T_Hartigan

Vapor barrier with new shower

The shower will be a complete unit that mounts to the studs. I was worried about trapping moisture between the plastic sides and the vapor barrier. Thanks
  7. T_Hartigan

Vapor barrier with new shower

Replacing a tiled shower with a prefab type shower (exact model not known yet). Two walls are exterior. The tile was installed directly over the lathe and plaster. There wasn't any mold or water damage when I tore out the shower. My question is should I add a vapor barrier when I install...
  8. T_Hartigan

Tub Drains -Trip Lever, Pop Up , Lift and Turn

I recently installed a Watlow lift and turn style. It looks very nice, seals good, but is kind of a pain to find the spot where it will go down. I think the pop up may work easier, but I prefered the looks of the lift and turn. Tim
  9. T_Hartigan

Threaded tub spout question

I found a shower/bath system that I really like. The tub spout has 1/2" FNPT. How hard is it to get this to line up right against the wall without having a leak or excessive gap? I'm used to seeing the push on type, which seems easier. Thanks. Tim
  10. T_Hartigan

Panasonic FV-13VKM2

Anyone have one of the new Panasonic DC motor exhaust fans? Looking at the FV-13VKM2 (130 CFM DC variable speed) and searches came up favorable for Panasonic, but none of the DC models were listed. Looking for good/bad. Thanks. Tim
  11. T_Hartigan

Shower faucet system without spout diverter

Hello, Looking at shower/tub faucets. Would like one with a real valve to divert water for the shower. Most seem to have the diverter in the tub spout. My experience is these tend to leak and are not made very well. Anyone have a recommendation on a quality faucet with this feature...
  12. T_Hartigan

Central Air Questions for Old Home

I have a 2 story ~2,000 sq ft old farm house with stand alone radiators (no duct work). I had central air installed 3 years ago. We had a Trane installed with the air handler in the attic. With the doors open to the upstairs (2 stair cases) the unit cools the downstairs pretty well too...
  13. T_Hartigan

Floor or bathtub first

Looking at replacing alcove bathtub and floor (vinyl). Most likely it will be another vinyl product for the floor. Should the tub sit on top of the finished floor, or is it best to have the tub replaced and then have the floor installed. Maybe a dumb question. Thanks. Tim
  14. T_Hartigan

Recommend an Electric Water Heater

I can recommend a Marathon Rheem electric water heater. I have one for several years and really like it. Tim
  15. T_Hartigan

Toto ultramax, ADA or not. Rough in ? also.

Thanks. This makes my decision easier. :) Tim
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks