Recent content by t56tr

1. T

Boiler water temp

Yes that is the boiler - Thank you for all of the great advice so far!
  2. T

Boiler water temp

It never goes over 130 anytime of the winter, fall, etc. It just runs a long time in the really cold months. I do not know the history the temp because I have only owned it two seasons and it has been like this since I moved in. The layout consists of of one large copper pipe (approx 1 1/4)...
  3. T

Boiler water temp

I have a 90 yr old house with hot water rads and a peerless mc05 gas boiler (dates 1991). The water temp hardly goes up to 130 -- this does heat the house, but the rads on the second floor and third floor finished attic barely get warm. How do I raise the water temp so its still hot on the...
  4. T

How can I re-create this 80 yr old drain situation in my remodel?

Wow in my line of work, which is telecommunications cabling, our path has already been designated before the construction starts. For example the electrician will have three 4" pipes running to a third floor closet, which the gc/ Builder had made sure he had room for. Guess that's commmercial...
  5. T

Speaking of structure, it's interesting to look at how this house was built. It looks like they came in and framed it all out, then had the elec and plumber come in and run their stuff where ever they had to. There are just butchered up holes and notches everywhere. I mean there are spots that I...
  6. T

Ok...I tried to go back and edit the title of the post but could not. The question is, how would a pro deal with this. Iam going to have to get some estimates and I need to be armed with some starting info
  7. T

Thanks Ted - I have a code check book I picked up at the depot as well. It would be nice to get it in laymans terms as well from someone. On a lighter note, I bet that big cast elbow with the 4 inlets/outlets was the "bees knees" in 1930.
  8. T

I guess I kind of worded it wrong. By economical I would say I mean keeping the work contained within that room. I do not mind doing alot of work and spending money, I just would rather not have to start opening up any other walls/ceilings or doing any other demolition to any other rooms of...
  9. T

How can I update this 80 yr old drain situation in my remodel? problem being solved!!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks