Recent content by T. Scott

1. T. Scott

Dark brown goo inside copper water line

After I disturbed the plumbing during the installation of the new water softener, I had to open the taps full before I got clear water again. I have a reverse osmosis system for the drinking water. There's no way I'll drink our city's tap water. :p I guess I'll have to live with the goo.
  2. T. Scott

Nail polish remover

Most of the faucets in my house have a clear-coat finish on them. I would think the nail polish remover would be a risk to use on them.
  3. T. Scott

Kenmore Delux Home Drinking Water System

That RO unit looks like it has been bypassed. I see no sediment prefilter or carbon filter attached to the base. Without a carbon filter to remove chlorine, the membrane is definitely dead. You're better off buying a whole new system. I bought a complete RO system including pressure tank from...
  4. T. Scott

Dark brown goo inside copper water line

Yesterday I replaced a very old non functioning water softener. To remove the old one I had to cut the 3/4" copper lines going in and out of the softener. When I cut the incoming line I noticed the inside of the pipe was coated in this very dark brown, almost black goo (photo looks more brown...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks