Recent content by t-rev

1. T

Need Help!! Broken water pipe into house

Well I gave it a shot last night and failed. I thought I had everything done correctly until I turned the main water line on. It had leaks where I put the couplers on. I gave in and called a plumber, I had 3 different quotes, $320 from Roto Rooter, $200 from ARS and finally found an...
  2. T

I do have the slip couplings, I will see if I can find Soft K tonight. If not then I will call a plumber. It's been a while since I have soldered, but I have done it in the past. Thanks for all the help!!
  3. T

I did, they want $200, the pipe is already cut, I just need an 8 inch piece replaced.
  4. T

Live in Atlanta. The water main (where the pipe broke is only about 12 inches below the surface. Not very deep at all.
  5. T

Why can't I solder copper underground? I am curious. Also is the Type K Soft copper easily available?
  6. T

I was doing some landscaping last night and broke through the 3/4" copper piping running into our house from the main water line. I shut all the water off at the switch near the street so now I have no water. I dug down further to see exactly how bad it was, I pierced a good size hole in it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks