Recent content by Syncman

1. Syncman

Toilet sewer line question

Update. I have cut out about 1 1/4" from the down pipe. Most I can go before the 90 deg bend hits the nail shield. Definitely a down slope all the way now. However, the water wont stop dripping. and its keeping the outside of the pipe wet.. Not coming from the toilet [empty bowls] or basins...
  2. Syncman

Theres a sag in the middle of that line. Need to drop the RHS 1" maybe. 2 Toilets to the left. The RHS has the downpipe, but its locked in by a bathtub drain coming through a joist. No easy solution I guess. Just irritating that a 1/2" sag can cause a 4" pipe to block.
  3. Syncman

I have a belly in my sewer line in basement ceiling. Left and right, its locked in where it, and another line feeds through a joist. I think where the water enters this section on the LHS is lower than where it leaves. into the down pipe in the exterior wall on the RHS. Looks like it was made...
  4. Syncman

Sump pump for laundry.

I once saw a sump pump and tank that sits above the floor, and pumps water up to the drain above. No cutting concrete required. The appliance sits on a "stage" built above the tank. Is such a thing still available? I looked at the big box stores, no luck. Only the washer and a sink would be...
  5. Syncman

"Better than wax"?

Opinions on "better than wax" rings? Seems a lot easier to use.
  6. Syncman

PVC Thread sizes

Many thanks. That worked out great. 3D printed connector for a beer bottle washer. The ones I have are push fit and pop out from the pump pressure. Threads printed perfect, with no cleaning necessary. Now I need to print 24 more.o_O
  7. Syncman

PVC Thread sizes

What size are 3/4" and 1" threads on threaded PVC pipe fittings? If I wanted to tap a hole to recieve a PVC coupler, what size tap and die would I search for? [Not a plumbing project], so saddles etc. are no good. Need the actual dimensions [diameter/pitch/thread count] , as the fitting will...
  8. Syncman

Pfister faucet question

Can anyone point me to a DEEP 7/16" socket tube? Only an "Engineer" could have designed this stupid Pfister installation tool. The thing is 5" wide and needs to spin in a 4" gap between the sink and cabinet. The shaft to hold the spout is seriously long, and a regular socket bottoms out before...
  9. Syncman

Leaking Kithen faucet. Part issue with new shower faucet and old issue with Oval toilet flange

Home Depot. One month later they 50-00 off on clearance and discontinued at Kohler. I had a "repair ring" screwed to the floor, But its not long enough to cover the oval at the rear.
  10. Syncman

Leaking Kithen faucet. Part issue with new shower faucet and old issue with Oval toilet flange

1. Kitchen faucet was dripping into cabinet. Huge mess. Pretty sure it was from inside the brass mounting tube with all the pipes. Hooked it up to some Faucets where we are remodeling the basement toilet and NOTHING. 4 hours now no leak. Any tips? No idea as to brand. 2. New shower faucet...
  11. Syncman

Gap filling PVC adhesive?

So which reamer do I buy?
  12. Syncman

So i was looking for some way to clean the end of the pipe. However if i cut off the pipe at the fitting i can ream it out. So my question now is that 1 1/2" schedule40 is 1 1/2" ID. 1 7/8" OD. Do i buy the 1 1/2" reamer? to make a 1 7/8" hole?
  13. Syncman

Replacing a tub with shower. The drain is in a hole in the concrete floor. Managed to remove the elbow and left with a short piece of pipe sticking up. However. the pipe got kind of mangled with all the sawing, chiselling, and gouging it took to remove the elbow. If i go any further. the whole P...
  14. Syncman

Temporary glue for PVC? Move if wrong forum.

Making a beer bottle washer with 30+ PVC T joints. Is there a way to glue all these together so they are water tight, but able to be pulled apart for expanding or modifying? Water pressure from a "dirty water" sump pump not mains. One issue is the T joints are almost touching, so no cutting and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks