Recent content by swiederin

1. swiederin

Well Pump Control Replacement Help Needed

I have a Red Jacket 100N1-16NMB control unit. Its an oldie. Could not get any water and I replaced the pressure switch in the house but the pump motor is not turning on.....I checked with am amp meter. Power is making it to the control unit. The capacitor looks like it is leaking and since...
  2. swiederin

Well Pump System Control Issue

At times when watering the garden we start out with great water volume and after a while we get zero water and the pressure gauge reads zero. Eventually, the water volume pressure/volume returns and will be fine. No consistency as to when it will happen. Well is 300 feet deep and the pump...
  3. swiederin

Installing Cementboard New Tub

I am remodeling my old house bathroom and I am installing a new tub and shower base. My wife will be taping the cement board and drywall and wants me to install the board at the ceiling first and work down toward the new tub and shower base. She does not want to stand in the new tub and base...
  4. swiederin

Acrylic Tub Mortar Problem

It appears to. Do I need to change the location of the ledger boards to allow for mortar?
  5. swiederin

Probably want to use some plastic underneathg the mortar as well as between the mortar and the OSB/tub right?
  6. swiederin

I was thinking that the mortar would need to flow into an area with ridges/gaps to provide some stability.
  7. swiederin

I bought a new acrylic & fiberglass reinforced American Standard tub. The bottom of the tub has a piece of OSB moulded to it. The instruction say to use mortar to set the tub. How will this work with the OSB? It is not packing material. Need some clarity.
  8. swiederin

Shower Base and Tub Leveling...Confused

I am remodeling my bathroom and discovered the floor sags through the middle of the room. I purchased a new tub and shower base for installation but I am concerned how to level these. We removed the 3/4" wood flooring and plan to install 1/2" cement board and tile for the floor. The...
  9. swiederin

Bathroom Remodel Pressure Test

I remodeled my sencond floor bathroom and used PEX for the first time. I would like to do a pressure/leak test before putting the new flooring down. How can this be done? Never done that before.
  10. swiederin

Leaky Toilet....Solution Needed

I have a leaking toilet and/or soil pipe that leaks after a period of time. Every 6 months or so, I have been putting on a new wax ring and things seem better. Most of the time, we notice this when the waste line backs up and requires plunging. We first notice the leaking as dripping in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks