Recent content by swbrown23

1. swbrown23

Short cycle

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and info, we ended up getting a well guy to come out. He replaced the check valve at the pump and so far it is now holding pressure. His take on it was to try that first because it was less cost than digging up the old pressure tank. If replacing the check...
  2. swbrown23

Short cycle

The new tank is in the house about 5 ft of pipe from the switch.
  3. swbrown23

Short cycle

The pressure switch is under the house from the original install, never been touched. Sounds like the possibilities are the in ground pressure tank bad or a leak somewhere. After reading some other well problem posts might also be the check valve at the pump.
  4. swbrown23

Short cycle

So, if I understand correctly the pitless adapters connection could fail over time essentially creating a leak which allows the pressure drop. I wonder if we could detect the leak by looking down the well casing.
  5. swbrown23

Short cycle

We did not remove anything at the well head. I am not familiar with the "AW8A" is that a valve of some sort?
  6. swbrown23

Short cycle

That would not suprise me at all, I was not there when the well was drilled but I would guess they buried it to keep it from freezing? or maybe the well guy was planning to replace it about now....
  7. swbrown23

Short cycle

That we have to dig out the old presure tank and cap the connection since we now have a new tank in the house. How likely is it that the old tank still has enough air in it to be causing the 5 minute short cycle?
  8. swbrown23

Short cycle

The well was 155 ft deep from what everyone remembers.
  9. swbrown23

Short cycle

We have a vacation cabin in the Southern tier of NYS. The well was put in about 12 years ago with the presure tank (thought to be a membrane type)buried 6 ft deep next to the well head. The issue was noticed this summer with a short cycle of a couple of minutes when no water is being called for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks