Recent content by surfbug

1. surfbug

oil heat forced hot water ???

yeh, that does help.... I have the little fins...........baseboard heating....no big radiators... "Every system is optimized for a desired heat drop between source water temperature and return water temperature." is this done automatically>? or just by the design of the system...
  2. surfbug

new floor in bedroom...ever use this stuff?

http://www.*********.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0049678066.1169064715@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccekaddjmdfjlgmcgelceffdfgidglo.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5009&pos=n10 my fiance wants this floor in the bedroom....ever use this...
  3. surfbug

yes....that does help I have big rads....I think they are the pipes where the soot collects, right? I think it was set at 140-180 but I lowered it to conserve while the house is empty..... I can raise it back, in fact what I will do is raise the hi limit to 180 while I work...
  4. surfbug

upper and lower aquastat settings....

what should this be set at, the aquastat in a oil burner with forced hot water, baseboard heating... and, is there any special tune up to have the furnace run more efficiently? thanks I am setting the place up for max efficiency.... I am currently wrapping all the pipes with...
  5. surfbug

I am gonna get a timer and hook it to the furnace power..... kinda like a 120 volt light timer...(the kind to run the a light in the house on or off, to make it seem like someone is home when they are on vacation)...so it turns off the furnace during the day, and turn on power to the...
  6. surfbug

thanks! yah, it does make sense now, that you say it, that the aquastat functions seperate of the thermostat..... BTW, if I want heat, everything works fine.....the system is ok... I am trying to find a way to keep the system JUST above freezing, so that the pipes dont freeze as the...
  7. surfbug

sorry... here is more info.... house is in allentown pa, and is a rental 5 br with full basement and three floors, row home. the system has one burner in the basement, 275 gallon tank in the basement hallway. the system has three loops, one for each floor. these are controlled by...
  8. surfbug

Hi, My thermostat controls the circ pump. but not the "fire" in the furnace. I have the lower control limit at 120 and the upper at 140 house is empty just want pipes not to freeze.... help? al
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks