Recent content by Supervisor

1. Supervisor

Heat transfer plates, Stamped or extruded or none

Dana, great explanation, However now with that understanding, I would have to ask," does the AL pex have a better heat transmission rate than a Pex-a-b-c?" I thought that with all of the research that I have done it would be something that the manufacturer would have exploited if it were truly...
  2. Supervisor

Thanks Jim, Yes this is for the portion of the floor that has a plywood sub floor and hardwood over it, I do have the Pex already in the basement slab, The cost of the extruded plates are 4-5K for my project and if is questionable whether or not they are relevant, I would like to understand...
  3. Supervisor

I am researching "RADIANT HEATING" as much as I possibly can online, and I am just plain confused at this point, some schools of thought are you have to use extruded plates= thick fast heat transfer and Very expensive, some say use stamped=cheaper and it is not that much slower, I just got off...
  4. Supervisor

Radiant heating/woodstove

Dana, sorry I have been away for a few days trying to get the rest of the house framed, and just went through that drainwater heat recovery thread... great info, I only have one problem I dont have any vertical drain...or very small amounts, will this work in a horizontal application?? Thanks...
  5. Supervisor

Thanks for the input Hackney, Dana, I think that Hilkoil coil is rather interesting, I think if set up properly could be very useful, but also a coil inside the firebox has a potential to create steam. I am going to send something through the hearth to attempt to capture some heat, I may set it...
  6. Supervisor

Hey Guys, Thanks for the input, I am simply thinking to use some of the heat that gets driven into the concrete/brick mass that is my hearth, and circulate water through it and back to the manifold that is connected to my slab in the basement, It did not seem to me as if it would be something...
  7. Supervisor

Hi Guys, Gals, Not sure if this is the right place to ask this...(Frickin newbie)-I am a carpenter/construction super that has worked just enough with HVAC pro's to be dangerous, I am looking for some feedback about my latest idea, that is I have just finished installing all of the pex in my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks