Recent content by stinkpaw

1. stinkpaw

Piping Diagram for Two Tanks in Series w/Isolation

Thanks. I think this should be more accurate. Where would we put the expansion tanks, or do we just rely on the T&P valves?
  2. stinkpaw

I agree your diagram will work and I appreciate you taking the time to create/post it. But for whatever reason the 6+ local plumbers I have talked to look at me like I'm crazy when I want the tanks connected in series not parallel. Maybe its a regional thing... I think they think I'm making...
  3. stinkpaw

Thanks everyone for their input. Is this how the piping would look using 3-way valves? Another question: with tanks connected in series, do you use expansion tanks or just the T&P valve on each heater? If you need the exp tanks, how would that fit into the picture?
  4. stinkpaw

Thanks. Is the extra shut off you have between the the hot of Tank 1 and cold of Tank 2 needed (since you already have one on the hot of Tank 1)? Do you know of a manufacturer's diagram showing the same thing? I've talked to half a dozen plumbers in my area and they all are saying parallel is...
  5. stinkpaw

Both: Monster tub fills (~170 gallons) and high output shower (~7.5 GPMs). There is another thread on here I started detailing my situation and asking for best ways to supply water. 2 big tanks in series seems to be the way to go. Out of curiousity, why do we put shutoffs on the hot outlets...
  6. stinkpaw

Anyone know of a link to a piping diagram showing two tanks in series and allowing you to isolate each tank? I believe you would pipe like so, but I'd like an 'official' diagram to show my plumber. X is a valve that's shut , O one that is open. I'd Imagine its a big no-no to have...
  7. stinkpaw

Need Help Getting Enough Hot Water to New Bathroom

C'mon, I can't be the only person that has a car wash for a shower... :)
  8. stinkpaw

Need Help Getting Enough Hot Water to New Bathroom

I’m remodeling my master bathroom and am having trouble deciding on how to provide enough hot water. The bathroom specs: - 150 gallon Jacuzzi tub. - Custom shower with multiple body sprays and showers. If I turn everything on, shower would output 10 GPMs, although my normal operation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks