Recent content by Steveg91

1. Steveg91

Rough Plumbing-Bath to Shower Conversion HELP

Hi folks, wanna turn this into a shower. Will be installing a 2" ABS drain ( Schluter Drain ). How do I proceed. Thanks so much, Steve
  2. Steveg91

leads insert, what to do?

Hi folks, the picture says it all. How do I put this back together? 1. Is there a closet flange that will seal into the lead insert? 2. Is it accetable to put it back like it is with a new fernco seal, I don't like the lag bolt screwed into the subfloor system. 3. Or how else should i...
  3. Steveg91

Is this disposal plumbed right?

Thanks guys, it's not a tailpiece. I'll change it. What other type of setup would be better? Is a drawing or picture possible??? Thanks again, Steve
  4. Steveg91

Thanks Jimbo, it is a baffle tee. I had to check it too! The pipe going into the disposal is just cut off and slipped in, should it / can it be different..like a tailpiece?
  5. Steveg91

Hi Folks, anything wrong with this installation? Cuz it's missing the 90 coming out of the diposal, is that ok? Thanks, :) Steve
  6. Steveg91

Hi Folks, anything wrong with this installation? Cuz it's missing the 90 coming out of the diposal, is that ok? THanks.....
  7. Steveg91

Expansion Tank w Water Pressure Regulator?

When installing a Water Pressure Regulator, how important is it to also install a Water Expansion Tank? Thanks so much, Steve
  8. Steveg91

Non-Ceramic Shower Valve for Steel Pipe???

Hi folks, When installing a new shower valve in a house that has all steel pipe plumbing I've heard one is not supposed to use the type with Ceramic Disc as the rust and crud-etc. from the steel pipes will eventually clog up the Valve. If aso what type/types of Valve is one supposed to use? Is...
  9. Steveg91

Shower goes cold...

Hi Jim, The temperature is the only thing that changes.
  10. Steveg91

Shower handle sticking out too far

I think the plumber failed to check how far out the finished product would be. (Maybe because he didn't like where you bought the product he didn't pay as much atttention to the job...)I always insist on having the finish plumbing on hand so I can verify what the finished product will look like...
  11. Steveg91

Shower goes cold...

Hey folks, While taking a shower, it'll go cold periodically, then back to regular, then cold, etc. We have a large water heater. THe shower valve is single handle, could it be the valve?? Thanks, Steve
  12. Steveg91

Bad / Cracked Toilet???

So, if the toilet is cracked and it gets replaced, do I A. use a waxless, or B. replace and raise the closet flange?, and if so how? The condo is on the second floor. Soil stack is ABS. It seems I would use an inside pipe cutter, glue a union-longer pipe / fill in 1" of floor with something...
  13. Steveg91

Bad / Cracked Toilet???

Thanks. I like the dye idea, 'cept its a wood floor.......... I used a ring with with a tailpiece. I did just now read the wax ring question thread. Thanks. ?? How can a tailpiece cause a problem?? Maybe I'll try a waxless, always been suspicious of em but, if Mr. Love will use em...
  14. Steveg91

Bad / Cracked Toilet???

Hi folks, my friend's got an Eljer toilet, about a year ago it was leaking; liquid/ odor coming out at floor, I went over and removed it, discovered there was a full inch between top of closet flange and finished floor. I installed four 1/4" flange extenders being very care full to silicone them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks