Recent content by Steve317

1. S

pressure problem

Thanks, I'll relay the info to my neighbor.
  2. S

pressure problem

I'm posting this for my neighbor. Hopefully someone can help him out. He has a 1 1/2 HP deep well jet pump. Never has a problem with well running low. The problem started out as pump would not shut off. Pump was building extremely high pressure. He had to shut the breaker off to get the pump...
  3. S

Repair charges?

Mark, About 20 miles west of Indianapolis. And I agree it was a lot cheaper than a new well. I've dealt with all kinds of knowledgable well equipped contractors, just never a well contractor. So I didn't know if there rates were comparable to other well contractors or not. Guess I broke the...
  4. S

Repair charges?

Just wondered if the charge was consistent with the work performed. ( In Indiana ). It was just a question, not a complaint.
  5. S

Repair charges?

I've seen a few threads asking about repair charges. So I thought I may as well ask a dumb question too. Basic story. The jet in my well was siezed to the well casing. Pipe is polyethylene. I couldn't get it pulled. Well contractor cam out and poured 5 gallon of muriatic acid down onto the jet...
  6. S

Jet stuck in well

Well I guess they knew what they were doing. I gave the pipe a couple of good tugs after the acid had sit for a day and everything came right up, a lot easier than I had suspected. Also found the problem. The 1" line had a split in it about 10 feet from the jet and the the jet had a hole in the...
  7. S

Jet stuck in well

Thanks Gary. I know very little about wells. All I know about mine, is that it's a shallow well with a 4 inch well casing that the jet and foot valve go down into. I don't know how far down the casing goes. If the jet is seized to the casing, it looks to me like they could run a rod or steel...
  8. S

Jet stuck in well

The pipe is plastic. Guess thats why they can't bump it out.
  9. S

Jet stuck in well

Thanks for the info. I just hope their able to break it loose. Don't know what will be involved if they can't.
  10. S

Jet stuck in well

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why they would wait either, other than the fact that is was friday afternoon when they did it. They told me I could see if it had broken free the next day. I guess one of my questions is. Is the acid diluted enough that it's to use the water when the well is...
  11. S

Jet stuck in well

I have a shallow well with a 2 pipe jet pump. Short story, bad foot valve. Tried pulling the pipes out of the well but they wouldn't pull out, evidently the jet is stuck to the casing down in the well. Had to call a well drilling company. Thay came out and poured about 5 gallon of muriatic acid...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks