Recent content by Steve Hinkamp

1. Steve Hinkamp

Rules for electric water heater in manufactured home in Washington state

Thanks, Terry for doing the research. I feel much better. Steve
  2. Steve Hinkamp

Rules for electric water heater in manufactured home in Washington state

I'm hoping some of the professional plumbers in Washington can set me straight on replacing a Rheem Warrior electric water heater for a manufactured home (model #81-520). Some sources say I have to use a HUD-certified manufactured home water heater, while others say I can use any water heater...
  3. Steve Hinkamp

New bathroom sink faucets

Hi All, I've gotten really good advice here before, so I'm back for more. As a recently retired person, I have lots of time to devote to projects. My current project is to replace the 4" center faucet sets (3 holes in basins) in the two bathrooms of my manufactured home. The original...
  4. Steve Hinkamp

American Standard Cadet 3 toilet tank bolt rubber nipple washer leaking?

Thank you plumdum I bought 2 A/S Cadet 3 toilets at Home Depot which leaked from the tank. After returning the first and installing the second and having it leak as well, I was fit to be tied. I calmed down and decided I would go on the internet before returning the second toilet...
  5. Steve Hinkamp

Gerber toilet frequently plugs up

Thanks to Terry and everyone who replied. Looks like I will be replacing a toilet sometime soon, so Terry's consumer toilet reports will come in handy. Thanks again. Steve
  6. Steve Hinkamp

toilet frequently plugs up To Terry Love, The numbers on my Gerber toilet tank (stamped inside) are "6 15-02 2". There may be dashes between all the numbers but, if so, they are very faint. Thank you. Steve
  7. Steve Hinkamp

I have a toilet which frequently gets plugged in my 1986 manufactured home. The toilet may be original; I don't know since I've only owned the house for 5 years. It says "Gerber 1.6gpf" on it. 1.6 gallons per flush, I believe. My other toilet is nearly new and has never plugged up. I have...
  8. Steve Hinkamp

Quick question about forced-air electric furnaces

Hi, I noticed that my forced-air electric furnace has two 3/4" holes on the metal frame that holds the furnace filter. Air can flow through them. Do these serve a purpose, possibly to prevent excess pressure if the filter gets too clogged? I was thinking of plugging them for better air...
  9. Steve Hinkamp

Moisture detected in bathroom

OK, there's moisture in everybody's bathroom. However, during my manufactured home inspection, the inspector used a "moisture meter" and detected moisture between the master bath tub and toilet. Some work had been done by the previous owner and his cronies (I now recognize his "signature" from...
  10. Steve Hinkamp

dual sinks w/ one p trap--a problem?

First, thanks to Terry Love's Plumbing & Remodel for this forum. I have a manufactured home with dual sinks in the kitchen. There is a horizontal pipe from one sink to the other and then a p trap below which goes to a vent and outlet. I sometimes leave dishes, pots, and pans in the sink for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks