Recent content by Stephen C

1. Stephen C

Navien CH180 2 second burn on/off

I had tech check pressure with Navien on the phone . No problems found . My tech asked question about start up problem and Navien techs change the subject . I have a new issue which should be fixed with a flush . The original problem is worse than ever . New flame rod made no difference . I...
  2. Stephen C

Last year it was constant short cycling for a couple of months . Then power off for 10 min. . No other changes or adjustment . Power up and the problem was gone for months . That sounds like processor issue to me . This year , it has a new dedicated ac outlet . No service or adjustment done to...
  3. Stephen C

I will use a timer you would use to turn house lights on off . It will be be programmed off 10 min . for every 3 hours 24/7 . A thermostat connected in parallel will hold power on always if boiler room is above 55F. Power will only shut down for 10 min. if room is abnormally cold as a backup...
  4. Stephen C

Do not know if corruption is the real cause.
  5. Stephen C

Here is my update of the problem which is still happening . Flame sensor was cleaned twice last year . In December I called Navien . They said flame rod shound have been cleaned with newspaper or a dollar bill . They sent me a new flame rod for me to put in . I waited a week for a warm day to...
  6. Stephen C

Thank You for your reply Jeff I cleaned flame rod . Worked for short time . Problem came back . Found original installer who moved to another town and used him for annual service check . He cleaned flame rod and said house wiring might be problem . He said he contacted Navien and they refused...
  7. Stephen C

Cleaned the flame rod today . Dramatic difference . Still a few short cycle starts but often fires up without stopping . Makes sense that shut down for rainy summer allowed some oxidation . It had a bit of rust which I gently cleaned with 400 emery paper . It can be seen thru the combustion...
  8. Stephen C

Thanks again for your input . Problem was gone for about a week and now it is back . I think I will clean sensor , Monday I will call factory if problem does not clear . They may know who can fix in my area and they may know about problem .
  9. Stephen C

Thanks to everyone for your help . Propane tanks are 60 % at start start and filled recently . All manual shut - offs are on . Flame looks healthy strength blue colour even when only for 2 seconds .You advise that short cycle is not normal which is what I rally needed to Know suspected . E12...
  10. Stephen C

My Navien CH180 ( propane ) combination water heater boiler cycles burner about 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off and repeats on / off 7 - 9 times before it locks on for a long burn cycle . I also had Error 12 - flame out a few times . Error reset by unplugging power and reconnect . Manual says...
  11. Stephen C

linux/ubuntu

No , I do not do any programming . I use it for downloading movies . Also use spread sheets for work . It can open and edit excel sheets . Word processor can open and save same formats as microsoft . Good for surfing web . Lots of free software . Think I might look at astronomy .
  12. Stephen C

Heads Up if you are buying a new computer

Check out Linux Ubuntu OS .It is safe and free . Do yourself a favor and say good by to windows. I use v10 in one old netbook with 8 gig hard drive and trying v11 in my new netbook .
  13. Stephen C

How to prevent your computer from getting Virus

Install Linux Ubuntu operating system . It is free download , easy to install and virus proof . It can be installed beside windows so you can still hook up to devices like scanners that are difficult to install in Linux .
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks