Recent content by Stainedrat

1. Stainedrat

Install a T on existing line

AMEN! Just a little heads up. $75 an hour is about par here. Pulling a permit is extra. Not sure your location but 75-100 dollars an hour is pretty decent. Next time you go to the doctor, look at your bill. :D
  2. Stainedrat

Black iron pipe question

REGULATOR? hmmm my "guess" is it would regulate the gas. :D
  3. Stainedrat

Basic question on threaded fittings

Unless its a left-hand thread...lol
  4. Stainedrat

Soil Stack Horizontal Venting

Something to think about if you haven't already removed the wall. Where is the tie-in for your lavatory and shower for their vents? This is usually where the 42" rule of thumb comes into play. (6" above the flood rim of your lavatory.) You may have to redirect those revents. It is always best...
  5. Stainedrat

Replacing cast iron sewer with plastic

I have to laugh at this remark. It is a simple job that I could have done before I became a "Professional" Coach says the truth. Make sure you support the pipe with riser clamps. The Rubber flexible connectors are of two types. You have the simple connector which is commonly referred to by its...
  6. Stainedrat

Soldering copper with dripping water.

I've been working in the plumbing trade now for 5 years or so. I have used a variety of ways to stop the water. On a low budget method, bread is the best method I've found so far. Never tried the beads, but I've used other things. Paper napkins/towels, sponges or cloth work, tho not very well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks