Recent content by Squints2See

1. Squints2See

Share drain between Standpipe and Lav?

Reach4, your last drawing I don't think is allowable because what you are showing is a wet vent. You cannot wet vent a standpipe for a washer with a lavatory as the washer is not considered part of a bathroom group which allows a shared/wet vent. What I am planning on doing is the pic below: -...
  2. Squints2See

Smooky, what is the problem with changing direction once you have reached the drain only section of the pipe? The reason I am doing this is because there is an LVL directly under the wall that cannot be compromised. The floor on the other side of the wall is raised so I am able to 90 it under...
  3. Squints2See

Reach4, I was just looking over your drawing again that show a wye and 1/8 bend being restricted due to blockage of airflow. Wouldn't that only apply if the vertical drain was acting as a wet vent for the lower branch coming in due to the lower branch not having it's own vent? In my situation...
  4. Squints2See

Ok, so I should use a sani-tee plumbed in below the existing sani-tee on the standpipe drain. Thank you Reach4.
  5. Squints2See

Smooky, thanks for the pics. standardairconditioner I appreciate your help as well. Looks like I need to do the separate vent. WV is under the IPC and IRC as far as I can tell, and I remember now seeing that definition of a bathroom group in my research. This is not a typical bathroom, lol...
  6. Squints2See

Smooky, isn't a tee-wye the same as a y with an 45" street elbow on it? What's the problem with the tee-wye? Please don't take my questions as argumentative, I am just wanting to learn :)
  7. Squints2See

Yes that was one of my proposals. The other would be the exact same thing but adding a vent to the lav. using a sanitee if I could not share the standpipe vent like you have it drawn. By the way, what program are you using to draw those nice illustrations?
  8. Squints2See

standardairconditioner, I think I know why you are confused now. I have already moved the standpipe. What you are seeing in the pic is the new location. The proposed connections are tying in a lavatory to the right of the standpipe drain in the next wall cavitiy over. The left piece of blue tape...
  9. Squints2See

Thanks Smooky, thats what I was hoping I could do. I will put in a combo tee-wye below the laundry sanitee and come over to the sink area keeping a 1/4" slope and put in another 1.5" sanitee and vent out the top of it. And no I was not planning to put the trap for the sink in the wall.
  10. Squints2See

New further out pic, no markings. I'm not sure how just putting tape where I want the connections helps versus drawing it but that is what you asked for. Smooky, how is the proposed connection a wet vent? Does the vent not start at the top of the sanitee and from the bottom of the sanitee down...
  11. Squints2See

I am moving my washer and re-plumbing the standpipe and adding a sink. My current plan is to have the sink drain straight down like the standpipe is currently and tie into the 3" line running in that joist cavity in the basement. But then I got thinking it would be simpler to tie into the drain...
  12. Squints2See

Help with roughing in floor mount rear discharge toilet please

So I did a mock up of what I am thinking of doing. It is not perfectly to scale but shows the connections. From left to right (first and second pic) Top to bottom (3rd pic): 1. Connection for floor mounted rear discharge toilet. 2. Connection for washer 3. Connection for lavatory Some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks