Recent content by squidbilly

1. squidbilly

Water heater(s) for church addition

Hello. My 100 member church currently has an on-demand propane Rinnai hot water heater on the back of the building ... which supplies the kitchen (2 sinks) and men's/women's restrooms (4 sinks). Due to the distance, it takes several seconds to get hot water in the men's and women's restrooms but...
  2. squidbilly

Plumbing for an Ice Machine Drain

"Insulate water inlet lines to prevent condensation." That is all the installation manual says about the topic. Yes, the building has A/C. I had thought about adding a vertical pipe just before the drain pipe enters the interior wall to make it easier to pour liquid down (Chlorox) to keep the...
  3. squidbilly

I have attached a simple schematic of what I had in mind. I also purchased an Everpure (EV910010) water filtration system. Does anything need to be changed? Thanks.
  4. squidbilly

Thanks for your response. Approx. 8"-9" It is pointed out the back of the machine. There is a threaded opening (1/2" female pipe threads) I would estimate 1' or so. I was hoping to do something like the following if plausible: 1: Come out of ice machine and turn vertically down towards the...
  5. squidbilly

The probability of it getting cold enough in South MS to freeze an exterior flow is low. Nevertheless, even if it did freeze and water backed up, the air gap inside would prevent such an event from directly contaminating the ice machine and accelerating the proliferation of bacteria. In that...
  6. squidbilly

Thanks for your response. It will make 190 lbs per 24 hrs and store ~90 lbs. We will basically use it for all of our functions in and around the church (meals, fundraisers, any and all events really). We are out in rural MS, so we are not subject to code inspections or anything like that...
  7. squidbilly

Hello. My church recently purchased an air-cooled under-the-counter Manitowoc ice machine. In the cabinet slot where it is going to be installed (on the far end of the kitchen with its back against an exterior wall consisting of sheet rock/insulation/metal siding), we do have a water hookup...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks