Recent content by Spydrweb1977

1. Spydrweb1977

plumbing with pex pipe

http://www.heatlink.ca/ It looks like this is the company that makes that pipe, I would call them to see if they have expansion fittings for it. Their contact info is on the website.
  2. Spydrweb1977

plumbing with pex pipe

It must be "a" to use the expander tool. There is code stamped on the outside of all pex, I am not 100% sure how to interpret it, but it should tell you if it is a b or c type.. You could also google the brand and contact the manufacturer, but it must be a to use the expander tool and fittings...
  3. Spydrweb1977

Wet room systems in the US?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of any systems like aqua4ma from the uk that are available in the US? Here is a link to their site, http://www.aqua4ma.co.uk/ Looks like a pretty cool system, and I can't really find any comparable products available here. I wonder how well it...
  4. Spydrweb1977

Mounting a water meter ?

Well, called Neptune today, and it looks like I'm doing a horizontal install after all. They said they have only tested the meter this way and would not recommend vertical, even though their literature states the design allows it.... Better safe than sorry... I can still flip the readout I I...
  5. Spydrweb1977

Goodbye PB hello PEX + manabloc

Oh well, I was hoping for a bit of pressure increase in th shower. It's no horrible, but would lie it to be a bit stronger. Coud I run two hot 1/2 in and two cod 1/2 in lines to th shower and tee them to increase it? If so, would check valves be required to prevent the teed lines from back...
  6. Spydrweb1977

Mounting a water meter ?

Ok, so I verified the model as a 5/8 T 10, and per specs it has a "floating chamber design unaffected by meter position or in line piping stresses" so it looks like vertical mount is a go :) it also says it has bayonet style mount for the gauge allowing in line serviceability. Does that mean I...
  7. Spydrweb1977

Mounting a water meter ?

Split ring hangers were what I was thinking, thanks or the input. I will verify the exact model and make sure it is good for vertical operation. Based on the literature on neptunes site, I think I will be good to go, but I will verify the model first and plan accordingly. Thanks again.
  8. Spydrweb1977

Mounting a water meter ?

Any ideas on how I could vertically mount a neptune meter? It is going to be piped with pex, so I don't want to rely on the pipe for support. Also, is it ok to operate this meter in a vertical position? Below is a link to an image of a similar meter...
  9. Spydrweb1977

Goodbye PB hello PEX + manabloc

I have a 1989 poloron mobile home that has Qest PB. Fitting have been failing, and it's time for a re pipe. So, I have installed a 14 port manabloc and am running PEX lines to each fixture. I know many of you do not really like the manifold home run set up and say branch and tee is cheaper in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks