Recent content by spresco

1. spresco

Bathtub faucet conversion to ceramic valves with old trim

Do they make another type of valve or valvet to replace this stem?
  2. spresco

Bathtub faucet conversion to ceramic valves with old trim

I have a 1939 kohler 3 handle 8" spread wall mounted bath faucet. I have been fighting drips for years by replacing the valve seats and washers. I would like to replace the valve body with ceramic valves but want to keep the original trim. Are there ceramic valves with bonnet nuts that would...
  3. spresco

See anything wrong with this design

Anybody see anything wrong with the attached DWV plan? This is just the elevation view but it tells most of the story. Trying to drain a washing machine and kitchen sink into an existing 2" drain line. The kitchen sink is located on a pony wall that connects to a full wall so the vent for the...
  4. spresco

Standard DWV stub out height for kitchen sink

Is there a standard stub out height above the finished floor for DWV under a kitchen sink? Also, what would be a standard spacing between the stub outs for a double compartment sink?
  5. spresco

Pex manifold: copper or plastic

What is the number one choice of professional plumbers for Pex manifolds, copper or plastic?
  6. spresco

Pex manifold: Copper or plastic?

I need to replace a manabloc pex manifold that froze and blew out a seal. Called Vanguard and they would not repair it but they would be happy to sell me another one at full price. I was always a bit uneasy with it anyway because it would make creaking sounds every time you turn water on and...
  7. spresco

What type of drain below hot water heater

What type of drain should be used below a hot water heater? A standard p-trap below the floor would have a tendency to evaporate out allowing sewer gasses in so what type is usually used?
  8. spresco

Unscrewing old galvanized water pipe

Anyone have tips on unscrewing old galvanized water pipes at the joint? Should I spray the joint with penetrating oil and wait a few hours or use a heat gun? The joints may be a little rusty but do not seem really bad. Or is it easier to rent a die and create new threads?
  9. spresco

Manabloc & Van guard PEX opinions

I am doing the same thing. Not a professional plumber. Just started making the main connections to the Manabloc. PEX is alot stiffer than I would have thought. I am following the guidlines as far as bend radius but it is tough to keep it in place. I bought a long handled crimper that has...
  10. spresco

Are all pex crimpers the same?

I have compared crimp rings and fittings for both Vanguard and Zurn. The Vanguard crimp rings are a little wider and a bit thicker than Zurns rings. The fittings look to be the same. Can you use a Zurn crimper on a Vanguard crimp ring as long as you use a Vanguard go/no go gage? The Vanguard...
  11. spresco

PEX fitting compatibility-Zurn and Vanguard

I have noticed several manufactures make pex fittings. Are all of them compatible or do you have to use Zurn pex with Zurn fittings with Zurn crimp rings put together with a Zurn crimper? Also, does anyone have any experience with crimpers with interchangeable heads?
  12. spresco

Stuck diverter valve

Got it out Well I did manage to get it out by brute force. Pushed up and down and side to side on the handle until I broke it loose. Looks like hard water deposits were the cause. Attached is a picture of what it looks like. There is no gasket any where on it. I hope the gasket does not go...
  13. spresco

Stuck diverter valve

I have an old Kohler shower diverter valve that is stuck. After removing the bonnet nut I found what looks to be a floating sleeve holding the diverter valve in. Any suggestions how to free up the sleeve without damaging the stem or housing? Could I just unscrew it part way and give it a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks