Recent content by spiffus

1. spiffus

Damaged oval offset flange

Thanks for the heads-up on both items. I've actually found myself looking for the older guys at the home improvement stores, because I'm hoping that they're there because they've retired from "active service," but want to work somewhere that they can be helpful in their trade. It's probably...
  2. spiffus

wjcandee, I ended up not doing anything additional to attach the flange to the floor. I was thinking I might have needed to fill in the gaps with concrete or some sort of quick-hardening foam, but when I showed my pictures to the gentleman in the plumbing department of the home repair store I...
  3. spiffus

Smooky, Thanks for your reply! It turns out that I didn't need to make any more room outside of the flange after all. However, I had bought an internal pipe cutter drill bit when I started this project, which is good, because I had to shave off about an inch of the sewer pipe to make the...
  4. spiffus

Question on setting the new offset flange Okay, time for an update and a question on how to proceed. It's taken a little while (and admittedly, I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to it until this week), but I have finally removed the junky old offset flange. I used a hacksaw, a...
  5. spiffus

Firstly, thanks to all of you for your responses! I appreciate the insight. It seems the consensus is that the best thing to do is to replace the flange with a new offset flange (as pictured in Terry's post). I'll reply to some of the questions in y'all's posts below. wjcandee: Thanks for all...
  6. spiffus

Let me preface this by stating that this is my first toilet replacement, so please forgive me if I'm unclear or skip some important details. :) About a year ago, our toilet in the kids' bathroom started leaking out of the bottom, so we called a plumber, who came out with an assistant, and he...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks