Recent content by spencerb

1. spencerb

Shower downstream of toilet

Great thanks for reply, I will put the vent in right before enters the line
  2. spencerb

Shower downstream of toilet

I have a toilet on a branch drain of the main stack, would like to install a shower on this branch downstream of this toilet. If I understand correctly this will be ok as long as there is a vent in between the trap of the shower drain and where it wyes into the branch toilet drain?
  3. spencerb

New Bathroom DWV Design

Hello, I am in the process of designing the DWV for bathroom that will be added in a existing section of my house. Also adding a first floor laundry. So i will have a laundry standpipe, shower drain, toilet, & vanity. It all runs across my house and terminates in a sewer main in the basement...
  4. spencerb

Relocating Waste Stack

The bath on the first floor will be removed and moved to the opposite side of the house which I did not include on this drawing. The plan was to vent to the new 3" main vent, basically tieing in to that line in the attic. There is another 2" vent for the laundry basin & kitchen sink the...
  5. spencerb

Relocating Waste Stack

I am in the process of a extensive remodel where we are removing a 1st floor bath to open up our kitchen. The existing 3" waste stack ran from the basement, through a wall that we removed on the first floor, and continued though the second floor bath as shown on my crude drawing below. I would...
  6. spencerb

advice for 10' run inside 2x8

Hello, Due to some renovations in my house which involve the relocation of the main vent, I need rework my 2nd floor toilet drain. The new distance from the flange location to the stack is 10'. I have 2x8 floor joists so I have 7 1/4 of space to work with. The subfloor in the bath 1/2, and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks