Recent content by speeder

1. speeder

Toto Carlyle (original, not carlyle 2) questions about flush... also upgrade?

@Terry. not paying you by the word. haha. Thanks for giving me a laugh!! :D one of the trades clogged the one toilet I had left hooked up, and not having used this toilet before, I thought that the flapper should stay open until all the water was evacuated from the tank, and the entire tank...
  2. speeder

Toto Carlyle (original, not carlyle 2) questions about flush... also upgrade?

bought a house with original TOTO carlyle one piece skirted toilets and planning for a renovation question for those who have experience with this toilet. when flushing, you have to hold down the lever for a complete flush until it's finished flushing. if not, then you get about half a flush...
  3. speeder

Can anybody help me find the updated part number for this Grundfos pump?

nm...better picture showed the model #.
  4. speeder

Can anybody help me find the updated part number for this Grundfos pump?

I have this circulator pump on my boiler. probably 15 years old. Can't find the part number online. Does anybody know the compatible part now? Grundfos P/N 59896293 P1
  5. speeder

Help finding relay to use for DHW priority zone

I would estimate about 3500 feet of 1/2" pex Don't know how cold the floor temp got, but air temp went down 3 to 4 degrees. tank is 60 gallons. I assume that it's more than just heating the 30 or so gallons of water in the piping as the concrete floors are also pulling heat out of the pipes...
  6. speeder

Well the real world scenario was a tradesman had turned off the boiler switch in the basement by accident in the morning and when night time showers began, there wasn't any hot water. Dishwasher, laundry and normal hot water use drained the tank during the day. Turned the boiler back on and...
  7. speeder

I was really only thinking about the scenario that the heat has been off for a while, and the 2500 s.f. of tubing is filled with cold water. If for some reason there is a call for heat in the whole house, and a few people need to take showers, it will be a few hours before the boiler can heat...
  8. speeder

here is a pdf of the diagram.
  9. speeder

Hi. I have a 12 year old boiler with 4 zones, one of which is a DHW tank. The on board controller does not have priority for DHW. There is a schematic which shows a relay that can be used to give priority to the DHW zone. I can wire things up given instructions, but not able to figure out...
  10. speeder

What would cause melted element in EHWT

YES!! haha. not silly question. I did fill it up and ran the hot water tap for a while before I turned the breaker back on. I don't think there's a chance of losing water pressure.
  11. speeder

Is it just the ones that are longer and bent back onto itself? Are copper ones better?
  12. speeder

Ah ok. Thanks for the advice I will look for those. If you can provide any links to good ones, will be much appreciated.
  13. speeder

When I looked in through the element hole, the anode was basically gone at the bottom but the top was still there but pimply all over. Possible to just change the anode?
  14. speeder

Yes. Both is blown this time for sure. I can't recall last few times if only upper or both.
  15. speeder

I have had 3 melted electric element in a 6 year old electric hot water tank in the last 5 months. Problem started when I flushed the hot water tank 5 months ago. Problems started right away. Tripped breaker then no hot water... Element melted. Happened again 2 months later .. Then just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks