Recent content by Sparks98

1. Sparks98

Flux and solder

Thanks for the advice. I have always preferred Utility Flux, but I did find a premium grade of Canfield's solder (100% WaterSafe). I will give the #95 Tinning Flux a try, though.
  2. Sparks98

tankless heater for very small house

Electric sucks. Do go with AquaStar's (Bosch) standard model. It doesn't matter how big the model, it's the demand. I have one and will NEVER go back to tank heaters. Higher demand, never runs out, cheaper on the gas bill and you'll never come home to a flooded area when it goes. They are rated...
  3. Sparks98

Preference for solder and flux?

Pros here had me use Utility flux with AquaPure solder. Made a world of a difference. Utility is self-cleaning, so you don't have to clean the copper pipe before you solder. I always DO clean it first, but I know a few guys who claim they NEVER clean it when they use Utility and never had a bad...
  4. Sparks98

Flux and solder

I was made aware, the hard way, of the difference in using quality flux and solder as to using home center brands. Which do you guys prefer?
  5. Sparks98

Is copper more quiet than pvc?

What is this Foam Core Type pvc?
  6. Sparks98

Is copper more quiet than pvc?

I must have a section of 3" drain pipe, about 9 feet, that will be coming from the upstairs bathroom exposed in the living room. I may end up boxing it in later. Cast is just too heavey for me to support properly, so I'll have that exposed section in copper or pvc. Is copper ANY quiter that pvc...
  7. Sparks98

Americast or cast iron tub?

Is Americast equally as strong as a cast iron tub (like they claim)? Do Americast tubs need mortar under the bottom to give them the cast feel? I'm putting in tile on the walls and above the tub, so I DO NOT want to EVER have to rip all that tile out because of a CHEAP tub.
  8. Sparks98

Best bathtub

I am remodeling entire bathroom, actually moving it to back room. This is a rental property and I would like to know what is the best choice of tub type. I was going to go with enameled steel, but I notice that many people are against it. I can't understand why. Fiberglass gets too dirty too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks