Recent content by Sparking5

1. Sparking5

Make Test Cap Closet Flange & Tub Drain?

I am trying to decide if I am a bone head & made an avoidable problem or was a learning opportunity. I got plugs, dollar caps?, installed and sump pit emptied fine into septic tank. No broken/froze pipes, except the pipe I broke. It was going to be demo'd anyway. So, I guess having 3...
  2. Sparking5

Thanks Guys! Do ya think those to openings was the problem vs frozen or broken lines? I'll give it a cautious try tomorrow.
  3. Sparking5

P.S. Had to run to hardware store for some electrical boxes and grabbed 2 plugs. Reuseable-type, 2 metal plates w/ rubber guts that expand when tightened w/ wing nut on top. Going up into attic now for electrical junction box installing, smokes, etc.
  4. Sparking5

I made a big mess for myself yesterday. I ran sump pump and it blew up into the demo'd mstr bath old 1X diagional sub floor boards and/or open closet flange & open tub drain. :) In Michigan, 1934 neglected house I bought that I am totally renovating. Currently, sump pump is running thru...
  5. Sparking5

Sump pump question

:D I enjoyed that one!
  6. Sparking5

Restoring 1934 tub...Refinish Types?

Thanks for the opinions and info, CBL and Refinisher. I imagine the rule of 90% prep work for paint jobs is even more important for tub reglazing. I still plan to reglaze vs liner or replace option. I'll try to get a idea of which type products last the longest, such as the aerospace type...
  7. Sparking5

Anyone doing much mowing right now?

Hey, aren't we going into daylight savings time 3 weeks early this year to save on utilities? Yippy! Will it be different for fall too?
  8. Sparking5

Lightweight! :p
  9. Sparking5

Thanks Dan for the info and advice!
  10. Sparking5

I did run the snowblower for several hours on Valentine's Day. First time this winter. FloridaOrange...I suppose you live in Florida? :) I see Jacksonville & Orlando may break low temp records tomorrow. At least we in the north get a break from mowing to snowblowing.
  11. Sparking5

Why golf? I do wear bi-focals so my vision is not excellent.
  12. Sparking5

Hi There, I am going to restore this tub vs replace. I's a cool looking art deco tub. I know refinishing has limited useful life. I'll hire a pro for this task. I read about 3 different methods/types of paint a while ago. The aircraft-type lasts about 5 years and another expected to...
  13. Sparking5

Just curious, anyone doing much mowing currently? :) Now that I think about it. I actually have mowed once in January & another time in Feb. I was late w/ my last mow of season and the other I was mulching/chopping up yard debris at a foreclosed house i just bought. I live in the midwest...
  14. Sparking5

1930's Cast Iron Toilet Flange/Drainpipe

Thanks Mark. I forgot to mention if it was an old plumber method. Well, glad it's not bondo or tartar! :D
  15. Sparking5

radiant floor heat??? Yes No Maybe So???

LOL! Heat sink...funny :D Oh Yeah, was the consensus yah or nah to radiant floor heat. I got lost in some of the detailed posts. Can anyone summarize? I was thinking of using it in the other bath remodel.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks