Recent content by sp3ctre

1. sp3ctre

Weathermatic 1600 confusion

Thanks for all your help... got those voltage readings from when I did the test... oddly both the 9v battery and the 24v supply read 6.8v... will see if I can contact weathermatic now. Thanks again. Jim
  2. sp3ctre

Hooked up one of the valves (tested it first against the test port... worked fine) to the MVP port and it came back with the same error. Cleared the error as per the manual, re-tested and it gave the same error. Ran the reset procedure and tried again... same error. forgot to note the voltages...
  3. sp3ctre

ok, just tried the reset routing again.. still says the same, MVP SHORT. When I go to the other section where you set the zones it just says "0 zones" so there is no option to set on or off. This is certainly proving to be more of a challenge than I expected. Any other ideas before I purchase...
  4. sp3ctre

Thanks, I will do what you said in the morning. Don't worry about the wiring, I just did it like that to show how it is connected. It is like this just to get it working and I will do the job properly and weatherproof and seal it up once it is confirmed working (you should've seen the wiring...
  5. sp3ctre

Here are the pics as promised: I tried taking the power away (and the battery) and reconnecting. It still gives MVP SHORT error. I hooked it all up as above (sorry for the messy wiring, I aim to fix it when it is all working... I did test every connection with the meter though). If you...
  6. sp3ctre

Thanks for the reply... I will post a pic shortly. I did try the factory reset using up/down/reset but I will try your method now. Thanks again, will be back with pics soon :)
  7. sp3ctre

ok, I have done more research and as far as I can see the COM port is the common neutral, which needs to go to each solenoid. The other wire on each solenoid then must go to one of the 4 ports in the controller. I have nothing going into the MV/P port at all, but as far as I can see I...
  8. sp3ctre

Not that I am aware of, although the system seems to think so. The instructions seem particularly vague in this area so please feel free to correct me. Thanks for the reply. Jim
  9. sp3ctre

This is South Africa... there have been a lot of power cuts/surges which have affected other electrical devices (pool pump motor etc). Could this have affected the SL1600 at all, and if so which area would likely be affected? I'd have thought the transformer would have been the victim, but the 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks