Recent content by soultraveler

1. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hey Jadnashua...yah i think i will sleep better at night taking the extra step. I like the 1/4 inch Hardie. It gives me room to shim behind the stud to even out the walls.
  2. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hey Jadnashua....you are right. instead he uses the Ardex 8+9 as the final waterproofing, which is also an acrylic and cementitious powder mix. very similar as Kerdi coil-L. What do you think about this combination? I have just put up the hardie and wet set my kerdi drain flange today. Going to...
  3. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hey jadnashua i know its kind of redundant to use hydro ban on the kerdi seam. It defeats the purpose of kerdi. thanks for mentioning pre-soaking the hardie. haha cause i have just bought the hardie and kerdi today. i remember took me a good few pass of hydro ban to get a good layer of paint...
  4. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hey Jadnashua, thanks for sharing the tips. Yeah, i will pre-cut and dry fit the kerdi and work on small section at a time before the thinset gets too dry, and also check for coverage. i am thinking about applying hydro ban on the seams of the kerdi after it is cured. you know, just for extra...
  5. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hey Jadnashua Thanks for your explanation. The guy in the video actually used the laticrete 317 unmodified thinset. Do you think drying time is the factor here? since some of the thinset are bonded between two impervious kerdie membrane.
  6. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hi jadna, thanks for the reply. Have you tried noblesealent150 for the drain base before? Initially, I was thinking about using Kerdi for the shower. But after I saw a video on YouTube a guy did a testing on Kerdi and it did not do good. So, im second thinking if I should use Kerdi or not.
  7. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

hey jadnashua, thanks for the reply. sometimes even a bathtub drain gasket can not create a waterproof barrier if you are not tighten it hard enough, let alone the 4 bolts and thin layer of pvc..... i know in real application, the shower drain will hardly get back flowed and water sweep through...
  8. soultraveler

PVC pan liner flood test

Hi everyone. i am curious how people pass the flood test doing the tradition pan linear shower. normally, people set their preslope first, then pan linear, then caulk around the drain base and install the clamping flange, and let it dry then run the flood test. my concern here is that when i...
  9. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Hi plumber69. I am planning to run the L1 and L2 around the wall instead of running under the floor. I will post again once i have something to show. Thank you guys
  10. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Ok Terry. I am going to start from scratch again.
  11. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Hi Plumber69, i am actually thinking about rerouting that S2 connection away from the MSV. A guy from the plumbing store told me that since S2 is at the lowest elevation in all connections and also the closest to the MSV, a semi or full clogged MSV would result a back flow on S2.
  12. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Then what makes mine not a horizontal wet vent? for example L2 to T1
  13. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Hi Terry . Thank you for your reply. The picture you have attached is the sample of the horizontal wet venting right?
  14. soultraveler

Plumbing rough in

Hi there everyone. Happy new year. i am renovating my basement bathroom. Recently, i have hired a contractor(not plumber....big mistake) to do the rough in for me. I think there are some flaws to his work. so i have decided to show his work here, and hope you guys can help me proofread the...
  15. soultraveler

How to create a slope for the toilet drain line?

then how do i create a slope when my flange is flat on the ground?