Recent content by Sonofawhatthe

1. Sonofawhatthe

Valve box replacement covers

Over the last few years my aeration guy has managed to find all the valve boxes curiously scattered across the yard by the guy who installed this system. By crushing the covers and leaving 6" holes in the yard I think I've located all 8 of them. Now I'd like to replace the covers but I'm...
  2. Sonofawhatthe

Sump Pump hose replacement

So the hole is ABOVE the checkvalve so I'm pretty sure it's not intentional. The Checkvalve appears to be attached at the foot of the pump so there's nothing between the pump and the valve. Local hardware store sold out of replacement hose (so many other folks monkeying with these things right...
  3. Sonofawhatthe

Thank you for the quick & valuable reply. That certainly fits the description of what I'm seeing. I will talk to the guy at the hardware store. If that's the case why haven't I heard all of this gurgling air noise before? Perhaps the check valve is leaking in addition to this vent hole? As...
  4. Sonofawhatthe

The homeowner is constantly beset by the attack of water! Today's chapter: I couldn't figure out why I was hearing "air bubbles" in the pipes this morning. I assumed it was in the waste pipe for the sump pump but wasn't sure why. I opened the pit and found that the hose has a pinhole sized leak...
  5. Sonofawhatthe

Korky fill weirdness- latency / noisy - Free Video included!

I'm hugest loser for forgetting to report back. I initially was still stumped and stopped messing with it for awhile. Once I REALLY cleaned out the inside of the float area and made sure that drain hole was actually draining easily it now works fine. The tank has a lot of "floaties" in it from...
  6. Sonofawhatthe

VERY much appreciate quick response. I took it apart- I found 'gunkus" on the float and cleaned it off (thinking that it was adhering to side of tube) and inspected valve. Didn't see anything to my untrained eye other than the float gunk. Re installed and tested- if anything the delay is longer...
  7. Sonofawhatthe

So for some reason my Korky refill valve (9 months old) is acting bizarre when the toilet is flushed. It flushes and then does NOTHING for about 1.5 minutes when it starts making strange noises and eventually refills. I shot a video of the event today and posted it to YouTube. Caution: it will...
  8. Sonofawhatthe

Troubleshoot Moen Faucet (Kitchen)

This is probably something easy to understand but I didn't find anything with initial google search. The Moen kitchen faucet seems to be perpetually leaking black grease from the joint where it swivels. In the attached picture it's circled in Red where it leaks. Do I need a new cartridge?
  9. Sonofawhatthe

Quick Sump Question (DIY)

Okay.. mystery semi-solved. That water trickling back in wasn't coming through the downpipe it was coming from the ground level drain pipes as designed. It's a crap ton of water! I'm wondering if I'm draining right back under the house once I pump outside. The pipe terminates about a foot from...
  10. Sonofawhatthe

Thanks for response CC. Okay. See attached picture. It looks like "no valve" in place so I took that hose clamp off in order to drain the tube (after disconnecting the pump) and found that the black tube from the pump was affixed to the PVC pretty well. After some wriggling I got it loose...
  11. Sonofawhatthe

We have a sump pump in our home here in Lincoln, NE. Being a Colorado native I'm not overly familiar with them. After recent storms the pump has started it's annual cycle of running frequently. It's been dry a couple of days so now it shouldn't be running however it turns on every 5 minutes or...
  12. Sonofawhatthe

Quick question for a plumbing greenhorn, Moen Posi-Temp

Next phase in my painful journey... I was going to go get the cartridge before doing water shutoff. I've got approximately 40 different allen wrenches acquired over the years. Guess which size I *don't* have? The one that fits a Moen handle. Rat#$#@!!!$&*$!! So I think I have to go to Ace to...
  13. Sonofawhatthe

Quick question for a plumbing greenhorn, Moen Posi-Temp

I have a fast leaking Moen shower downstairs and plan on fixing today. The thing is... I don't see a supply shutoff for it. This house is only 10 years old. Is it possible the valves are behind drywall? Am I really going to shut off the whole house for the duration of the repair??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks