Recent content by somedumbname

1. S

Need capacity/size advice

Sorry if I started something with my question. I do appreciate everyone's input though, and between this and searching through other threads I've been able to make my purchase. Thank you all for your help. I ended up going with the Fleck 9000 SXT, 12x52" tanks, gravel bed and 2 ft^3 of standard...
  2. S

Thanks for the advice. I had not heard of channeling to this point, but after searching for it I can see how that would be a serious problem. It's just a bit confusing because it seems like every website has its own way of calculating capacity. I have been reading through all of the extremely...
  3. S

I thought I should break this out into a new thread since I've decided I'm going with the Fleck 9000 SXT vs. the metered unit. I'm looking to order the system soon, but I want to get unbiased opinions on what capacity and size I need before I purchase. Hardness of the incoming water is around...
  4. S

Fleck Mechanical vs SXT

Got the water tested. Hardness is actually around 28+, we had to let the water run for a while because apparently I have some nasty scale buildup. First test actually showed a lot higher, but once we ran more water it came down around 28. I hadn't run the water much for days and days, so I guess...
  5. S

Fleck Mechanical vs SXT

Thanks for the quick replies! I've got an appointment set up to get my water tested tomorrow, better safe than sorry. How difficult is the mechanical version to program though for someone like me who has never had a water softener before? I'm leaning toward the SXT right now, partially since it...
  6. S

Fleck Mechanical vs SXT

I'm probably going to get my head bitten off for this, but I haven't actually gotten the water tested at my house yet. I do think I should, but I haven't yet at least. I'm going off of test results done by my local water provider of the water that leaves the facility currently. I'm not sure how...
  7. S

Fleck Mechanical vs SXT

Hello, I'm getting ready to order a water softener for my first home, and I need advice. I've decided on getting a Fleck 9000 twin-tank setup (48k gr capacity), and I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the mechanical or digital setup. Through searching online, so far the only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks