Recent content by Solan

1. Solan

Gas flex line in a wall?

Hey everyone. I'm installing a "dryer box" in my laundry room. The box creates a recess in the wall behind the dryer and allows for a connection of the 4" exhaust line and a gas line. For the gas I'd like to transition from 1/2 inch pipe to a flex line inside the wall and run the flex into...
  2. Solan

Floor Drain in a Utility Room

Okay if not sharing the shower P trap then would a floor drain (with it's own trap) be the answer? I like the idea of draining into the crawl space but the potential of 50 gallons possibly draining into the crawl doesn't really sit well with me. I guess I would need to "prime" the trap every...
  3. Solan

New Lavatory Faucet: No water

Been there before Spolivier, I have been in a similar situation. I used a piece of bread to temp. stop the extra water in the pipes before soldering and it got a bit lodged in the pipes. I opened up the bath tub faucets (to remove the air) and after some chugging out shot the half dissolved...
  4. Solan

Floor Drain in a Utility Room

I have just solved my nagging pressure / leaking PTV problem and it got me thinking pro-actively about future leak protection. I'd like to install a floor drain in my utility room where my hot water heater is housed and run the PTV into the drain. Here are the specs: - It's approx 36" X...
  5. Solan

Thermal Expansion Tank Failure?

Pressure problem fixed! Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my original post. I installed a new PRV (Wilkins 600) and the problem was solved. The pressure has been sitting pretty at 60 PSI all day. Thanks again, - Solan
  6. Solan

PRV is the culprit Well I think I've found my problem: the PRV. I actually shut off the water heater for a few hours and the pressure kept creeping up (after about 2 hours it was at 120 PSI and rising. I'm considering rebuilding the PRV. It's a Wilkins Model 600. The new valve will set me...
  7. Solan

Thermal Expansion drama continues Thanks for the replies everyone. Jadnashua, the expansion tank is on the supply side of the water heater (I wasn't clear on that). I installed the tank just after the inlet ball valve. Redwood, how can I test the tank or the PRV? It has to be one or the...
  8. Solan

The gauge has a peak pressure indicator that shows 150psi (just since last night) but after opening a hot water fixture it levels off at 60 psi. I've included a shot of the tank as installed.
  9. Solan

Hello. I'm brand new to the forum here and by the looks of the good advice being given out here - I could have used this a long time ago. I'm an accomplished DIY'er and know my way around plumbing a bit (not a pro but my local inspector likes my work). I'm located in Los Angeles and my set up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks