Recent content by solalo

1. solalo

Anode Deterioation

Anode that comes with a water heater is usually magnesium so I assume that was what your original anode was made of. Magnesium has a greater galvanic difference with regards to steel than aluminium has. That means it will corrode itself faster and get consumed in a shorter time. Aluminium...
  2. solalo

Need Help choosing tankless. Clueless

The only tankless water heater I know that has a stainless steel heat exchanger is Navien. It’s got a bunch of other extras that make it great such as a small built-in tank and a recirculation device. Other highly rated products are Takagi, Rinnai and Noritz. As for the size, 199,000 BTU is as...
  3. solalo

Reliability of GE Geospring and Rheem EcoSense Heatpump WH

eas, If incentives etc. are going to let you have the heat pump water heater installed and running at about the same price as an ordinary storage WH, go ahead and get it. with all the efficiency they have they are always better than a normal water heater. But as Mark warns, both GE and Rheem...
  4. solalo

Installing 2 Tankless - Did my plumber do it right?

We need to know how many showerheads and faucets you are planning to use and how close the water heaters are going to be to those outlets to tell for sure if it is better or worse but even without that information, I suggest you consider going along with the way he installed them because I am...
  5. solalo

Can Someone Explain Navien's "ComfortFlow" Technology?

The water keeps the water in the buffer tank hot at all times. This does help with getting hot water sooner but not to a great extent. A tankless can take a few seconds to react to a water flow but with the tank hot water enters the pipes immediately so you basically save a few seconds. The real...
  6. solalo

How long is too long for hot water?

It is often said all tankless have 10 second ignition and my experience tells me they fire almost instantly in most cases and the extra delay caused by tankless should no more that 15-20 seconds and that's an extreme scenario. 15 feet is quite a small distance and I would expect to get hot water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks