Recent content by snowlion

1. snowlion

Questions to answer before buying

Dang I forgot about that, you are absolutely right. I have slowly been replacing the galvanized piping; I guess it's the toilet's turn.
  2. snowlion

Thanks all for your help. Very much appreciated. I'm feeling a lot more confident about moving forward with this.
  3. snowlion

Really appreciate the validation, thank you. I definitely will be doing that. Here are the pics. I think, though I could be wrong, the pipe comes out of the floor at 7 inches from the center of the toilet. I'm not sure you can see it well in the pictures but the pipe turns 90 degrees before...
  4. snowlion

Just to clarify some things. What I want is to make sure I'm doing my due diligence in asking the right questions before making a purchase and hiring. (I have a curse it seems w/regards to plumbing so no diy for me.) I've done quite a bit of research, and while ideally I'd like to replace the...
  5. snowlion

This is a good suggestion, obviously. I haven't had great luck thus far. Sample: "we only do full bathroom remodels." "we only install Gerber." "No one installs 14" anymore." Discouraging. I'm not giving up yet. Also you know how hard it is to find a licensed, qualified plumber, yes? There's an...
  6. snowlion

First pic shows the location of the water supply if you squint at the base near the floor on the left side. Water comes up thru the floor, not the wall. I tried to measure I think it is 6" from the center of the unit? I could be wrong... Second pic shows the toilet cubby, radiator to the...
  7. snowlion

I'm close to making a purchase decision on a replacement toilet and want to be sure I'm not missing something obvious. For instance I came across a mention about the new toilet's footprint covering the old footprint -- I have a real oak wood floor in the bathroom. (house is 126 yrs old this yr)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks