Recent content by Smellslike$tome

1. Smellslike$tome

Replacing 15+ year old vanity sinks

If you are going to the trouble of replacing the basins, why wouldn't you go ahead and replace everything? Replace it all.
  2. Smellslike$tome

Ballpark Costs for Rough Plumbing for New Bathroom Addition

Ok I'm glad they are certified master's. I would still want proof of gl ins. and wc before I turned them loose on my site. I did not accuse you of hiring unlicensed contractors I only said that if you did shame on you. The pricing given seems consistent with unlicensed contractors. I don't...
  3. Smellslike$tome

Oh yeah, and if it turns out he is unlicensed/uncertified to do this work then shame on you for hiring him in the first place because you should have checked and should never hire unlicensed contractors!
  4. Smellslike$tome

Enjoy that $3300.00 differential and start looking for another plumber because if he was willing to come off that much from his price he probably won't be around next year. I wouldn't rough in a future bath with pex for $2000.00 much less a 30' drainage run with 2, 20' water dist runs. The guy...
  5. Smellslike$tome

Making an old cleanout into a new drain

Because the plumbing code forbids it and that's all you really need to know.
  6. Smellslike$tome

Making an old cleanout into a new drain

IPC does not allow any conversion of clean out to additional drainage via threaded adapter (or any other adapter). Don't know what code you are on or what other codes will allow.
  7. Smellslike$tome

Drilling a ceramic pipe for waste

Just because something is available for sale at the local box store does not mean that it is legal. Saddle tees as well as saddle valves ARE NOT LEGAL. You need to call a qualified, certified, plumbing professional.
  8. Smellslike$tome

utility sink drain

It's not required anyway. It would only be required if the wm trap were out of distance from the existing stack vent, which it is not.
  9. Smellslike$tome

Delta 400 Kitchen faucet

Sounds about right to me for Delta. Look on the bright side though, the parts are easy to find.
  10. Smellslike$tome

Cost for gas stove/hook up?

Actually the $319 did not include the conversion which was done at no additional charge. The gas work was in addition to about $2000 of other work I did for these people who were very pleasant and agreeable. Pleasant and agreeable people get cut slack and receive extras at every opportunity...
  11. Smellslike$tome

husband knows nothing and i need help!

Tankless yes! This tankless NO! Run from CL bargains and never look back. You already know the answer to this question. Also, proper installation of tankless units is an entirely different ball game. ABSOLUTELY NOT for the DIYer or part time electrician/handy man.
  12. Smellslike$tome

Cost for gas stove/hook up?

I never second guess pricing on work I have not seen. I will however tell you that yesterday I tapped into an existing LP gas line, ran approximately 20' of gas line through the crawl space and up into the cabinet under the new range with shut off for $392.00. I then made conversions from NG...
  13. Smellslike$tome

New kitchen sink plumbing

Most likely, one is for the kitchen sink waste piping and the other is for the dishwasher. This is of course without seeing what you are talking about.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks