Recent content by SmdCarpenter

1. SmdCarpenter

Removing sand from 32' dug well

Reach4 - I am definitely going to get a sand filter to put between my inlet and my pressure tank, the Lakos ones look nice just not sure on my budget accommodating it quite yet. Valveman- I will definitely consider a CSV at some point, one the thing that concerns me about my tank potentially is...
  2. SmdCarpenter

I did as vawelldigger suggested and replaced the gauge, I also replaced the pressure switch which was indeed acting up. Most likely a victim of my very sandy well. I set the prsssure tank pressure when drained to 38psi using a high quality tire pressure gauge , new pressure switch is set at...
  3. SmdCarpenter

Had the day off today so I played with this some more. I tested my old submersible Goulds deep well pump in a bucket and it seemed to work fine, I set it up with PVC zip tied to the bottom and an elbow at the outlet as I saw in an old post on this forum and lowered it to the bottom of the well...
  4. SmdCarpenter

Guess I will give the jet pump a shot then and cancel the order on the other pump , did some reading and you are correct on psi. Really wanted to avoid the jet noise and lost placement depth I see there are some methods of letting a submersible deep well pump run horizontal with an...
  5. SmdCarpenter

Update 4: Powered through pumping another 40 gallons of sand out today in four hours. Well seems to be refilling faster now so sand must have been partially blocking weep holes. Working nights next week so going to pump again during the day on Tuesday and Wednesday md then have to call it...
  6. SmdCarpenter

Update #3 Pumped sand and water from 9:30 to 4:00 today, used my two 40 pound rain barrels and a 35 gallon trash can as settlement containers. Pumped with the zoeller 152 pump moving it occasionally and plopping it down into the barrels, let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Used a small 1/6hp sump...
  7. SmdCarpenter

Thanks for the link, I might try to knock something together with scrap plywood I have in the barn. A bucket with holes drilled in it set in the middle of the box might work for my el-cheapo ace hardware sump pump to sit in and then I can use it to pump the water back down the well via a garden...
  8. SmdCarpenter

I've just failed to find a good photo set or plan for one everything Google found for me was more industrial in nature. Certainly open to the idea. One of my rain barrels has kind of a window mesh covered opening might try shooting some water in there and seeing how it filters.
  9. SmdCarpenter

Update #2 Got a Zoeller 152 pump with a 40' max head, it is pumping out sand great...my problem is lack of water to help flow, ran out the 12" of water in the well and then used up 100 gallons from rain barrels. I was running 1" pvc pipe up from the pump. Have a small pile of sand (maybe 5...
  10. SmdCarpenter

Well I tried with my compressor @ 80psi, some 1" pvc cut to a point on the end, the 3/8" air line with 1/4" ends I had attached to the pipe right where the point end stopped (couldn't fit the 1/4" elbow through a hole in the pipe so had it turned up taped on right where the point ended point...
  11. SmdCarpenter

Any experience with it and mud ? Wondering if the bigger 270 series would handle that better.
  12. SmdCarpenter

Reading up on all the zoeller pumps now and their spcs to figure out the right one, I plan to eventually put a small bathroom in my basement with a pit setup so the pump would get use later on and wouldn't be wasted money. I could also use it hooked to a chain(I bolted a steel plate at the top...
  13. SmdCarpenter

Would depth be a problem for me with the zoeller pump as the distance from the top of the well to the current bottom is 27'? I was worried the atmospheric issues would keep something like that from pumping the muck up and out. If I end up having to buy two 275 gallon ibc barrels and having the...
  14. SmdCarpenter

I can borrow a big tow behind jackhammer style compressor from my father in law , my home compressor is a twin tank oil filled 8.7 cfm Emglo with a high duty rating. Would it make a noticeable difference in compacted mud sand which is what I assume I'll get after the first foot or so if I have...
  15. SmdCarpenter

That thread was a good read, the copper spiked end with u shaped air attachment was especially ingenious. I'm going to try and replicate that though unfortunately I can't solder well enough to add the u to the pipe end but I will use some elbow fittings to keep the nozzle pointed up. I do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks